Five more NLFT insurgents surrender in Tripura
Agartala: Five insurgents of the banned National Liberation Front of Tripura (NLFT) have surrendered before the security forces in south Tripura and Dhalai district, police Wednesday said.
Two NLFT insurgents surrendered to BSF in a simple ceremony at their camp at Nutan bazaar in south Tripura district yesterday, they said.
While, three ultras of the same outfit surrendered before the Assam Rifles at remote Chhamanu camp in Dhalai district yesterday.
The ultras during interrogation told that they fled from their base camp in Bangladesh due to raids by Bangladesh security forces and paucity of funds and food crisis.
Earlier, on Monday, six insurgents of the same outfit surrendered to BSF at Khasiamanagal in West Tripura district.
Police said, since last year more than four hundred insurgents of different outfits have surrendered to authorities.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Explosive photos and phone conversation – How Mikhail plans to expose Indrani Mukerjea
- How Hardik Patel got offended when asked about Arvind Kejriwal
- Arvind Kejriwal in Bihar, shown black flags at Patna airport
- After daughter Sheena, Indrani Mukerjea planned to kill son Mikhail?
- Sheena murder case: Rahul Mukerjea being questioned at undisclosed location