Five more NLFT insurgents surrender in Tripura
Agartala: Five insurgents of the banned National Liberation Front of Tripura (NLFT) have surrendered before the security forces in south Tripura and Dhalai district, police Wednesday said.
Two NLFT insurgents surrendered to BSF in a simple ceremony at their camp at Nutan bazaar in south Tripura district yesterday, they said.
While, three ultras of the same outfit surrendered before the Assam Rifles at remote Chhamanu camp in Dhalai district yesterday.
The ultras during interrogation told that they fled from their base camp in Bangladesh due to raids by Bangladesh security forces and paucity of funds and food crisis.
Earlier, on Monday, six insurgents of the same outfit surrendered to BSF at Khasiamanagal in West Tripura district.
Police said, since last year more than four hundred insurgents of different outfits have surrendered to authorities.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - Huge fire breaks out at petrol pump in Kota, Rajasthan
- NSG now 'nine times' stronger; receives technological strength from 12 countries!
- RJD strongman Shahabuddin brought to Delhi
- Bihar: Congress leader Brajesh Pandey accused of running sex racket
- UP elections in third phase; voting on 69 seats of 12 districts
- 7th Pay Commission: Allowances committee raises HRA to 30%?
- Virat Kohli thanks sprint legend Usain Bolt for congratulating him on 'record' Puma deal
- Virat Kohli becomes first Indian sportsperson to sign Rs 100-crore endorsement deal
- IPL 2017 Auction: Reaction-filled Twitter erupts with emotions!
- Sony Xperia X gets a price cut of whopping Rs 14,000