Five more NLFT insurgents surrender in Tripura
Agartala: Five insurgents of the banned National Liberation Front of Tripura (NLFT) have surrendered before the security forces in south Tripura and Dhalai district, police Wednesday said.
Two NLFT insurgents surrendered to BSF in a simple ceremony at their camp at Nutan bazaar in south Tripura district yesterday, they said.
While, three ultras of the same outfit surrendered before the Assam Rifles at remote Chhamanu camp in Dhalai district yesterday.
The ultras during interrogation told that they fled from their base camp in Bangladesh due to raids by Bangladesh security forces and paucity of funds and food crisis.
Earlier, on Monday, six insurgents of the same outfit surrendered to BSF at Khasiamanagal in West Tripura district.
Police said, since last year more than four hundred insurgents of different outfits have surrendered to authorities.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of problems of unemployement in India
- DNA: Analysis of how car makers are playing with people's life
- DNA: Analysis of increasing trade of terror, laudanum and fake currency in Malda
- DNA: Analysis of increasing trade of terror, laudanum and fake currency in Malda- Part II
- DNA: A plane landed at -100 degree celsius to rescue a worker
- Youths struck by lightening: Cause of death not ascertained
- Anti-EU campaigner Nigel Farage urges `Brexit government`
- Action will be taken in South Sudan incident: UN peacekeeping chief
- Brexit impact: European markets suffer heavy sell-off; London stocks tank over 8%
- Fans slam Ben Affleck for abuse-laden rant