Five more NLFT insurgents surrender in Tripura
Agartala: Five insurgents of the banned National Liberation Front of Tripura (NLFT) have surrendered before the security forces in south Tripura and Dhalai district, police Wednesday said.
Two NLFT insurgents surrendered to BSF in a simple ceremony at their camp at Nutan bazaar in south Tripura district yesterday, they said.
While, three ultras of the same outfit surrendered before the Assam Rifles at remote Chhamanu camp in Dhalai district yesterday.
The ultras during interrogation told that they fled from their base camp in Bangladesh due to raids by Bangladesh security forces and paucity of funds and food crisis.
Earlier, on Monday, six insurgents of the same outfit surrendered to BSF at Khasiamanagal in West Tripura district.
Police said, since last year more than four hundred insurgents of different outfits have surrendered to authorities.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Shahid Kapoor-Mira Rajput wedding: Check out their first picture as a couple!
- No bomb found on Turkish Airlines flight which made emergency landing in Delhi
- Vyapam scam: Congress accuses MP CM of 'misleading' people, demands his resignation
- Amartya Sen says Modi govt ousted him from Nalanda University
- Wimbledon 2015: Sania Mirza, Rohan Bopanna through to quarters, Paes' campaign ends