Five NE militant outfits call General Strike on I-Day
Guwahati: Five militant outfits of North East, including the ULFA(Independent), have called a `General Strike` on August 15 in view of the Independence Day celebrations.
The General Strike, as in other years, will be observed from 1 AM to 5.30 PM.
The strike "will be observed in the entire region of Western South East Asia," a release issued by the Coordination Committee of five militant outfits in the region said here today.
Besides the ULFA(I), the other outfits are Hynnewtrep National Liberation Council (HNLC), Kamtapur Liberation Organisation (KLO), National Democratic Front of Boroland (NDFB) and National Liberation Front of Tripura (NLFT).
Essential services, emergency facilities, media and religious activities have been exempted from the purview of the strike, the release added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- MS Dhoni reacts in astonishment as Axar Patel takes a stunning one-handed catch - VIDEO
- BSP shrugs off Rita Bahuguna 's jump; says BJP will still face defeat in UP polls
- Navjot Singh Sidhu out on zero to Waqar Younis in 1990 – The match Kapil Sharma keeps talking about
- MS Dhoni or Virat Kohli? Here's Virender Sehwag's best ever reply
- Pierce Brosnan 'deeply shocked and saddened' because of Pan Masala brand ad