Five NE militant outfits call General Strike on I-Day
Guwahati: Five militant outfits of North East, including the ULFA(Independent), have called a `General Strike` on August 15 in view of the Independence Day celebrations.
The General Strike, as in other years, will be observed from 1 AM to 5.30 PM.
The strike "will be observed in the entire region of Western South East Asia," a release issued by the Coordination Committee of five militant outfits in the region said here today.
Besides the ULFA(I), the other outfits are Hynnewtrep National Liberation Council (HNLC), Kamtapur Liberation Organisation (KLO), National Democratic Front of Boroland (NDFB) and National Liberation Front of Tripura (NLFT).
Essential services, emergency facilities, media and religious activities have been exempted from the purview of the strike, the release added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Why separatist are targeting patriotic residents in Kashmir? Part II
- Why separatist are targeting patriotic residents in Kashmir? Part III
- Munich attack: 18-year-old German-Iranian gunman kills 9 at shopping mall
- DNA: Why are politicians and media ignoring the patriotic residents of Gurez Valley?
- DNA: Why are politicians and media ignoring the patriotic residents of Gurez Valley? Part II
- Obama vows support for Germany after Munich shooting
- Islamic State supporters hail deadly Munich shooting on social media
- 1st Test, Day 2 Report: Kohli double ton, Ashwin century put India in charge against West Indies
- Silicon Valley leads avalanche of quarterly reports
- UN backs plan to rid Libya of chemical weapons