Five people from Myanmar arrested from Agartala
Agartala: Five people from Myanmar, including four women, were arrested for illegally entering
Indian territory from Bangladesh, police said on Sunday.
Acting on a tip-off, a team of Mobile Task Force (MTF)
personnel raided the Agartala railway station yesterday and
arrested them from a Silchar-bound train.
They were later produced before a local court, which
remanded the women to 14 days jail custody. The man identified
as Abul Qasem (60) was sent to police custody for seven days.
During interrogation, Qasem told the police that they
were going to Saharanpur in Uttar Pradesh to earn livelihood.
He claimed to have been staying at a refugee camp in
Chittagong for the last two years.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Congress workers blow up pigeons by blasting them inside rockets
- Beef row: Lalu Prasad Yadav contradicts his statements
- Lalu Yadav's son Tejasvi Yadav wants to change the face of Bihar education
- Indian Army 5th deadliest in the world: Report
- Indrani Mukerjea attains consciousness; is now out of danger
- Indrani Mukerjea regains consciousness, out of danger, says hospital
- Is Salman Khan - Aamir Khan friendship over?
- Dadri lynching case: Sadhvi Prachi makes provocative remark, says beef-eaters deserve such fate
- Modi must be punished, he has cheated people: Ram Jethmalani
- Was Giani Zail Singh planning to topple Rajiv Gandhi govt in 1987?