Five people from Myanmar arrested from Agartala
Agartala: Five people from Myanmar, including four women, were arrested for illegally entering
Indian territory from Bangladesh, police said on Sunday.
Acting on a tip-off, a team of Mobile Task Force (MTF)
personnel raided the Agartala railway station yesterday and
arrested them from a Silchar-bound train.
They were later produced before a local court, which
remanded the women to 14 days jail custody. The man identified
as Abul Qasem (60) was sent to police custody for seven days.
During interrogation, Qasem told the police that they
were going to Saharanpur in Uttar Pradesh to earn livelihood.
He claimed to have been staying at a refugee camp in
Chittagong for the last two years.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Arunachal Pradesh gets 2000 km strategic road for development
- Essel Group Chairman Dr Subhash Chandra honoured in Haryana
- Watch: PM Modi's 23rd edition of Mann ki Baat
- Vishal Dadlani apologises after tweet on Jain monk backfires
- Panel discussion on Vishal Dadlani's controversial tweet on Jain monk
- Traditional Indian diet dramatically cuts Alzheimer's risk
- Carnage in Florida: KL Rahul, Evin Lewis tons laid foundation for West Indies-India T20I run mountain
- Over 34,500 criminals sentenced in 1 year in UP: DGP(Prosecution)
- Venezuela sends opposition leader back to jail, expels Ecuadoran lawmakers
- Burhan Wani's father meets Sri Sri Ravi Shankar