Five people from Myanmar arrested from Agartala
Agartala: Five people from Myanmar, including four women, were arrested for illegally entering
Indian territory from Bangladesh, police said on Sunday.
Acting on a tip-off, a team of Mobile Task Force (MTF)
personnel raided the Agartala railway station yesterday and
arrested them from a Silchar-bound train.
They were later produced before a local court, which
remanded the women to 14 days jail custody. The man identified
as Abul Qasem (60) was sent to police custody for seven days.
During interrogation, Qasem told the police that they
were going to Saharanpur in Uttar Pradesh to earn livelihood.
He claimed to have been staying at a refugee camp in
Chittagong for the last two years.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof