Five people from Myanmar arrested from Agartala
Agartala: Five people from Myanmar, including four women, were arrested for illegally entering
Indian territory from Bangladesh, police said on Sunday.
Acting on a tip-off, a team of Mobile Task Force (MTF)
personnel raided the Agartala railway station yesterday and
arrested them from a Silchar-bound train.
They were later produced before a local court, which
remanded the women to 14 days jail custody. The man identified
as Abul Qasem (60) was sent to police custody for seven days.
During interrogation, Qasem told the police that they
were going to Saharanpur in Uttar Pradesh to earn livelihood.
He claimed to have been staying at a refugee camp in
Chittagong for the last two years.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results; women bag top four positions
- Islamic State trying to gain foothold in Pakistan-occupied Kashmir: Army
- Wimbledon: Novak Djokovic, Maria Sharapova cruise into last 16
- Five guerrillas, one soldier killed near LoC
- Facebook doesn't pose threat: YouTube