Five poachers surrender in Assam
Golaghat: Five poachers allegedly involved in the killing of nine rhinos in and around Kaziranga
National Park have surrendered before the Golaghat district administration, official sources said here today.
The poachers also deposited five country-made guns and a
powerful grenade at a function held at Bongkual area of the
district yesterday in the presence of district Deputy
Commissioner N M Hussain, Superintendent of Police Madan
Chetia and Divisional Forest Officer Rajen Chaudhury said.
The district officials also appealed to other people
involved in poaching to follow the example of the surrendered
poachers who have been assured of proper rehabilitation.
An environment-related NGO, Rhino Jagaran Mancha, was
instrumental in bringing the poachers to the mainstream,
the sources added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - Huge fire breaks out at petrol pump in Kota, Rajasthan
- Bihar: Congress leader Brajesh Pandey accused of running sex racket
- BJP MP Yogi Adityanath compares Akhilesh Yadav with 'Aurangzeb' and 'Kans'
- Acrimonious remarks of political leaders during UP elections
- UP polls: When fans played spoilsport for SP star campaigner Dimple Yadav
- Reliance Jio's tariff plan from April 1; voice calls, roaming to be free: Mukesh Ambani
- BMC exit poll: BJP predicted to score big in neck-and-neck battle with Shiv Sena
- IPL 2017 Auction: Reaction-filled Twitter erupts with emotions!
- Reliance Jio Prime Membership at Rs 99: All you need to know about the plan
- 'Intolerance brigade' attacks Zee News' #FatehKaFatwa host Tarek Fateh - WATCH