Five poachers surrender in Assam
Golaghat: Five poachers allegedly involved in the killing of nine rhinos in and around Kaziranga
National Park have surrendered before the Golaghat district administration, official sources said here today.
The poachers also deposited five country-made guns and a
powerful grenade at a function held at Bongkual area of the
district yesterday in the presence of district Deputy
Commissioner N M Hussain, Superintendent of Police Madan
Chetia and Divisional Forest Officer Rajen Chaudhury said.
The district officials also appealed to other people
involved in poaching to follow the example of the surrendered
poachers who have been assured of proper rehabilitation.
An environment-related NGO, Rhino Jagaran Mancha, was
instrumental in bringing the poachers to the mainstream,
the sources added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Wife catches husband with his girlfriend at Goa Airport
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: There are no shortcuts to success, says Dr Chandra
- 'Mann ki Baat': Will implement 13 new pointers to Land Bill from today itself, says PM Modi
- Sheena murder case: Unfolding deceit, lies and murder!
- Indrani 'slow-poisoned' Sheena, wanted to portray Mikhail as 'mentally unstable'?
- Sheena Bora murder case: Indrani Mukerjea's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna, driver taken to Raigad to recreate crime scene
- Wife catches husband along with his girlfriend at Goa airport, video goes viral – Watch
- Osama bin Laden is alive, staying in Bahamas, claims Edward Snowden
- Indrani's former brother-in-law claims Sheena was Siddharth Das' daughter
- Sheena murder: Suitcase seized from Indrani, Peter's residence meant for disposing Mikhail's body?