Five poachers surrender in Assam
Golaghat: Five poachers allegedly involved in the killing of nine rhinos in and around Kaziranga
National Park have surrendered before the Golaghat district administration, official sources said here today.
The poachers also deposited five country-made guns and a
powerful grenade at a function held at Bongkual area of the
district yesterday in the presence of district Deputy
Commissioner N M Hussain, Superintendent of Police Madan
Chetia and Divisional Forest Officer Rajen Chaudhury said.
The district officials also appealed to other people
involved in poaching to follow the example of the surrendered
poachers who have been assured of proper rehabilitation.
An environment-related NGO, Rhino Jagaran Mancha, was
instrumental in bringing the poachers to the mainstream,
the sources added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- Panel discussion on the decision of demonetisation
- DNA: Is political system root cause of corruption in the country?
- DNA: Analysis of the letter written by defence minister to Kolkata CM?
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- PoK erupts with 'azadi' slogans; Pakistan Army brutally thrashes protesters
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video
- Aamir Khan as Mahavir Singh Phogat in 'Dangal' title track looks phenomenal!