Five Tripura University students expelled for ragging
Agartala: Five students of Tripura University were expelled for assaulting several junior students in the hostel, officials said Sunday.
"Five students of the university were expelled after they physically tortured many junior students during the past one week in the institution`s hostel. The condition of one student was stated to be serious due to torture late Friday night and he was shifted to hospital," an official of the central university told reporters.
Several other students received injuries during the ragging.
The decision to expel the students was taken after the anti-ragging committee submitted its report to university vice chancellor Arunoday Saha, who was not available in Tripura for comment.
"This is the first time that Tripura University has expelled five students after it was set up in 1987," an official said on condition of anonymity.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sri Lanka vs Australia: 1st Test, Day 4 — As it happened...
- Indian national, on death row in Indonesia, not executed: Sushma Swaraj
- West Indies vs India 2016: I'm not too worried about my form, says Cheteshwar Pujara
- Maruti to transport vehicles on water!
- Five key moments at the Democratic convention Arrived