Five youths arrested for assaulting VC
Itanagar: Five youths, including two
businessmen, were arrested here today in connection with the
recent assault on the Vice Chancellor of the Rajiv Gandhi
Central University K C Beliappa at his residence within the
Those arrested have confessed to their involvement in
the attack, police said.
Beliappa had sustained injuries on his head, left eye,
face, neck and thighs when a group of about fifty youths
forced their entry into his residence on January 25 and
The youths had threatened the VC with dire
consequences if he did not apologise to a university official
on an issue and leave the campus within seven days, a varsity
had release said.
Home Minister, Tako Dabi along with high officials
visited the campus today, university sources said.
Meanwhile, the All Arunachal Pradesh Students Union,
the apex students` body in the state, condemned the incident
and demanded exemplary punishment to the culprits.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Explosion in Delhi's Naya Bazar, one killed; anti-terror wing, Special cell at spot
- This is why Cyrus Mistry was removed as Chairman of Tata Sons!
- WATCH: Akhilesh Yadav's emotional speech revealing the real reason behind Samajwadi Party crisis; he was about to cry
- Read letters by Ratan Tata to PM Narendra Modi and Group employees after Cyrus Mistry's ouster
- Prompt action on border pushes Pak to offer olive branch, says both sides need to 'formalise' 2003 ceasefire