Five youths arrested for assaulting VC
Itanagar: Five youths, including two
businessmen, were arrested here today in connection with the
recent assault on the Vice Chancellor of the Rajiv Gandhi
Central University K C Beliappa at his residence within the
Those arrested have confessed to their involvement in
the attack, police said.
Beliappa had sustained injuries on his head, left eye,
face, neck and thighs when a group of about fifty youths
forced their entry into his residence on January 25 and
The youths had threatened the VC with dire
consequences if he did not apologise to a university official
on an issue and leave the campus within seven days, a varsity
had release said.
Home Minister, Tako Dabi along with high officials
visited the campus today, university sources said.
Meanwhile, the All Arunachal Pradesh Students Union,
the apex students` body in the state, condemned the incident
and demanded exemplary punishment to the culprits.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Highlights - India vs England 2nd ODI in Cuttack
- Donald Trump to be sworn in as 45th US President today
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- Barack Obama thanks Americans for making him a 'better man'
- Exclusive: Srinagar freezes at minus 3; common man struggles for basic commodities
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- India vs England: After Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar gives Piers Morgan cricketing gyan
- Donald Trump's Inauguration Day: As it happened