Five youths arrested for assaulting VC
Itanagar: Five youths, including two
businessmen, were arrested here today in connection with the
recent assault on the Vice Chancellor of the Rajiv Gandhi
Central University K C Beliappa at his residence within the
Those arrested have confessed to their involvement in
the attack, police said.
Beliappa had sustained injuries on his head, left eye,
face, neck and thighs when a group of about fifty youths
forced their entry into his residence on January 25 and
The youths had threatened the VC with dire
consequences if he did not apologise to a university official
on an issue and leave the campus within seven days, a varsity
had release said.
Home Minister, Tako Dabi along with high officials
visited the campus today, university sources said.
Meanwhile, the All Arunachal Pradesh Students Union,
the apex students` body in the state, condemned the incident
and demanded exemplary punishment to the culprits.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sheena Bora murder: Here's how the whole plan unfolded
- Sheena murder: Trio to be taken to Raigad to re-construct crime scene
- DNA: 1965 Indo-Pak war- Analysis of India's victory and exposing Pakistan's lies
- Mikhail emailed sister Sheena Bora's resignation letter: Report
- Raksha Bandhan: Sushma Swaraj ties Rakhi to Venkaiah Naidu
- Shocking update in Sheena Bora case: Indrani Mukerjea was sexually molested by her father?
- Indrani's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna confesses to police he was involved in Sheena's murder
- A peek into Indrani Mukerjea's past
- Women's hockey team seals Olympic spot after 36 years, creates history on Dhyan Chand's birthday
- Dawood, Hafiz Saeed to be in fix as US, India may join hands to nab them