Flier held with Rs 27 lakh worth gold biscuits at airport
Imphal: Security officials at the airport here have recovered gold biscuits worth Rs 27 lakh from a Chennai-bound passenger, who allegedly concealed the yellow metal in his socks.
The incident occurred yesterday when a CISF squad stopped the passenger, Raseeth Aaran, as the metal detector beeped when he was being frisked.
The passenger was then asked to remove his shoes and socks and after further frisking, six gold biscuits weighing 900 gm was recovered from him, a senior official said today.
The estimated value of the yellow metal pieces is about Rs 27 lakh, the official said.
Aaran, a resident of Chennai, was later handed over to the customs authorities for further action and questioning.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 7th Pay Commission: Central govt employees expect Committee on Allowances report in February
- Jallikattu protests LIVE: Kamal Haasan urges agitators to stay calm, says `none can take away your rights`
- Naresh Agrawal breaks silence on leaving Akhilesh Yadav-led Samajwadi Party and joining BJP
- India vs England, 3rd ODI: MS Dhoni felicitated at Eden Gardens — VIDEOS INSIDE
- Bigots at it again! Mohammed Shami called un-Islamic for posting picture with dog