Flier held with Rs 27 lakh worth gold biscuits at airport
Imphal: Security officials at the airport here have recovered gold biscuits worth Rs 27 lakh from a Chennai-bound passenger, who allegedly concealed the yellow metal in his socks.
The incident occurred yesterday when a CISF squad stopped the passenger, Raseeth Aaran, as the metal detector beeped when he was being frisked.
The passenger was then asked to remove his shoes and socks and after further frisking, six gold biscuits weighing 900 gm was recovered from him, a senior official said today.
The estimated value of the yellow metal pieces is about Rs 27 lakh, the official said.
Aaran, a resident of Chennai, was later handed over to the customs authorities for further action and questioning.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sunanda Pushkar murder case: Police may approach court seeking lie detector test on Shashi Tharoor
- Jayalalithaa wins big in RK Nagar by-poll, defeats CPI's Mahendran by over 1.5 lakh votes
- Check JEE (Main) 2015 rank on www.jeemain.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in
- Jawaharlal Nehru's Wikipedia page edited from govt IP address; Congress seeks PM Modi's reply
- After Pankaja Munde, now Vinod Tawde accused of irregularities in awarding contracts in Maharashtra