Flood affects two districts of Arunachal Pradesh
Itanagar: Incessant rain in the past couple of days has flooded two districts of Arunachal Pradesh, disrupting normal life and surface communication.
The second wave of flood in the current monsoon has created havoc in several villages under Lohit and Changlang districts of the state, officials said here on Thursday.
Flood water of Noa Dehing River had entered Dumpani and four other villages under Diyun circle of Changlang district as the river has breached the wet rice cultivation and village protection bund.
At least 13,246 people of eleven villages have been affected by the current wave of flood.
Parliamentary Secretary C C Singpho accompanied by government officials and Panchayat leaders visited the flood affected Dumpani village and the erosion site yesterday.
He advised the people living near the river bank to shift to safer locations, sources informed.
Bordumsa are making temporary bunds with mud filled gunny bags.
A report from Tezu, the headquarters of Lohit district today stated that heavy downpour in the past few days has disrupted surface communication between Parsuramkund and Tezu besides Alubari and Tezu.
The district administration has pressed all its men and machineries to restore the two important roads, the report said, adding, the district headquarters recorded 200 mm of rainfall in the past two days.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Rahul Gandhi takes U-turn, says never blamed RSS for Gandhi's assassination
- Secret documents on Indian Navy's Scorpene-class submarine leaked
- PM Modi's photos, Indian flags raised during massive protests in Balochistan
- Did India become victim of Scorpene submarine conspiracy?
- Did India become victim of Scorpene submarine conspiracy? Part II
- World's largest aircraft, Airlander 10, crashes during 2nd test flight - Watch
- Reliance Jio gets aggressive; partners Samsung, Micromax and others for free voice, data service
- Zeta eases retail payment further with NFC-enabled super tag
- UP polls: Congress main agenda is fighting corruption, not political parties: Raj Babbar
- Himachal Pradesh CM's wife to be further quizzed in PMLA case: ED to Delhi HC