Food poising in Tripura village, 124 in hospital
  • This Section
  • Latest
  • Web Wrap
Last Updated: Wednesday, September 19, 2012, 13:20
  
Agartala: At least 124 people were admitted to two hospitals with symptoms of food poisoning after consuming prasad at Barahaldi village in Dharmanagar district, about 210 km from here, officials said today.

Around 600 people consumed "khichudi prasad" on the occasion of Viswkarma puja yesterday at the house of Gurudas Das, they said.

After having the prasad, some of the people complained of felling unwell and started having loose motion and vomiting.

At least 124 people were admitted in Dasda and Kanchanpur sub-divisional hospital of the district yesterday and were being treated, Chief Medical Officer (CMO), Dilip Das told reporters.

Das, who is camping in the area, said two additional doctors were deputed in the hospitals to assist the other doctors.

Local MLA, Rajendra Reang and Sub-divisional Magistrate of Kanchanpur visited the hospitals.

PTI


First Published: Wednesday, September 19, 2012, 13:20


comments powered by Disqus