Foreign workers turned back from Manipur
Imphal: Altogether 17 foreigner workers who came to Manipur without valid documents were stopped from entering the state and turned back.
Official sources said today that 15 foreigners turned up at Jiribam and two at Kangpokpi yesterday and on Saturday.
Since they did not have valid travel documents they were turned back by the police and volunteers of the Joint Action Committee on Inner Line Permit System, the sources said.
JACILPS which has begun an agitation from June 1 is demanding immediate implementation of the inner line permit system claiming that people coming from other parts of the country and illegal foreigners outnumbered the tribal population in the state. The agitation will end on June 5.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA : When will Indian govt take strong actions against terrorism?
- Drunk girl assaults Mumbai police in Worli
- Arun Jaitley upset with Subramaniam Swami's Twitter attack
- Bombay HC to pronounce verdict on entry of woman to Haji Ali Dargah today
- DNA: When will Indian govt take strong actions against terrorism? - Part II
- Special panel on India's NSG membership bid? We're not aware, says China
- Ruby Rai, Bihar Class 12 topper now under arrest for cheating, says she never wanted to top the exam
- Euro 2016: Iceland stun England in one of greatest ever shocks
- Three new suicide attacks in Lebanon village near Syria
- Preparing for Brexit, Britain may see new PM by early September