Foreigners online tracking system launched in Meghalaya
Shillong: Meghalaya police chief Peter JP Hanaman on Thursday launched an online system tracking inbound and outbound foreigners entering the state, an official said.
The online system on `Immigration, Visa and Foreigners Registration and Tracking (IVFRT)` System under the National e-Governance Plan (NeGP) was launched which aims at enhancing the experience of in-bound and out-bound foreigners will be operated from the Foreigner?s Registration Office, from the SP`s Office, Shillong under the guidance of Bureau of Immigration (BOI), they said.
The system also handles online visa application system, immigration Control System Software(Passenger Checking, look out Circular, loss of Passport, Flight management).
It also functions as the Central module for look out Circular regarding opening, deletion or modification of Look Out Circular) besides an on-line filling of `C` Forms (by Hotels, Guest Houses, Hospitals and Dharamshala Owner).
It also keep tracks of foreign students studying in Indian institutes.
- UN chief appeals for re-launch of Syria ceasefire
- US panel wants Pak on list for religious freedom violations
- Two more days to put out forest fire in Uttarakhand, says Prakash Javadekar
- Nagaland HSLC (Class 10) Result 2016 to be declared today on May 3 at 12 noon
- Nagaland HSSLC (Class 12 on May ) Result 2016 to be declared today 3 at 12 noon