Foreigners online tracking system launched in Meghalaya
Shillong: Meghalaya police chief Peter JP Hanaman on Thursday launched an online system tracking inbound and outbound foreigners entering the state, an official said.
The online system on `Immigration, Visa and Foreigners Registration and Tracking (IVFRT)` System under the National e-Governance Plan (NeGP) was launched which aims at enhancing the experience of in-bound and out-bound foreigners will be operated from the Foreigner?s Registration Office, from the SP`s Office, Shillong under the guidance of Bureau of Immigration (BOI), they said.
The system also handles online visa application system, immigration Control System Software(Passenger Checking, look out Circular, loss of Passport, Flight management).
It also functions as the Central module for look out Circular regarding opening, deletion or modification of Look Out Circular) besides an on-line filling of `C` Forms (by Hotels, Guest Houses, Hospitals and Dharamshala Owner).
It also keep tracks of foreign students studying in Indian institutes.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sheena's diary reveals disturbed relationship with parents: DNA reports
- Sheena case: Indrani quizzed jointly with Peter, denies killing daughter
- PM Modi's Buddha mantra for peace at Global Hindu Buddhist Conclave
- DNA: Bharat Bandh hits normal life; Bengal, Kerala among most affected
- Govt extended last date for e-filing of I-T return to Sept 7
- Sheena Bora murder saga: 12 questions that police asked Peter Mukerjea during 12-hour grilling?
- Sunny Leone steamy condom ad (uncensored): Watch why this video is making news
- Indrani Mukerjea confesses to her role in Sheena Bora murder case
- 'Insulted' Samajwadi Party walks out of 'Janata Parivar', to contest Bihar polls alone
- BJP-RSS review meet, Day 2: NDA's education policy, Patel quota stir on agenda