Forensic science labs to be set up in Arunachal
Itanagar: The Centre has sanctioned a
full-fledged regional forensic science laboratory and a mobile
forensic unit for Arunachal Pradesh, state Home Minister Tako
Dabi said on Thursday.
While the main laboratory has been proposed to be set up
at a cost of Rs eight crore at Pasighat in East Siang
district, the Rs one crore mobile one would be a vehicle which
would reach the place of crime to collect evidences before
they were lost, Dabi told a press conference here.
Dabi said with the crimes spiraling in the state,
Union Home Minister P Chidambaram has honoured his plea to
approve the laboratories to facilitate scientific
investigation to arrest culprits.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Passenger plane dangerously oscillates before touching runway
- Home Ministry holds high-level meet over ISIS
- Indian Army finds cow bombs near border, Maoists hand suspected?
- Yakub Memon's execution: Supreme Court Deputy Registrar quits over judgement
- India, Bangladesh enclave residents get freedom after 68 years