Forensic science labs to be set up in Arunachal
Itanagar: The Centre has sanctioned a
full-fledged regional forensic science laboratory and a mobile
forensic unit for Arunachal Pradesh, state Home Minister Tako
Dabi said on Thursday.
While the main laboratory has been proposed to be set up
at a cost of Rs eight crore at Pasighat in East Siang
district, the Rs one crore mobile one would be a vehicle which
would reach the place of crime to collect evidences before
they were lost, Dabi told a press conference here.
Dabi said with the crimes spiraling in the state,
Union Home Minister P Chidambaram has honoured his plea to
approve the laboratories to facilitate scientific
investigation to arrest culprits.
- NHRC issues notice to Rajasthan government over death of 11 children in home
- Delhi: 10-year-old boy dies due to overdose of Vitamin D
- Haryana: Groom injured in celebratory firing at wedding in Hissar
- Phase V of West Bengal Assembly polls starts today
- Discussion over Mamata Banerjee's close aide Firhad Hakim's 'mini Pakistan' comment
- Heatwave grips east, central and peninsular India; many dead in Assam, Arunachal Pradesh due to cyclone, hailstorm
- Anti-Donald Trump protests break out for second day in California
- UN council discusses move to enforce North Korea sanctions
- Norway helicopter crash: All 13 people on board dead, 11 bodies recovered
- Britain`s queen joins royal Invictus Games challenge to Obamas -Watch video