Forensic science labs to be set up in Arunachal
Itanagar: The Centre has sanctioned a
full-fledged regional forensic science laboratory and a mobile
forensic unit for Arunachal Pradesh, state Home Minister Tako
Dabi said on Thursday.
While the main laboratory has been proposed to be set up
at a cost of Rs eight crore at Pasighat in East Siang
district, the Rs one crore mobile one would be a vehicle which
would reach the place of crime to collect evidences before
they were lost, Dabi told a press conference here.
Dabi said with the crimes spiraling in the state,
Union Home Minister P Chidambaram has honoured his plea to
approve the laboratories to facilitate scientific
investigation to arrest culprits.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Exclusive: Chat with 'Jazbaa' stars Aishwarya Rai and Irrfan Khan!
- Delhi government to add environment tax in electricity bill
- Shaheed Express train's freight coach catches fire on Ludhiana railway station
- AAP govt suggests four-fold hike in MLAs salaries
- DNA: Indian Army's 'Phantom Guns’ to defend border with Pakistan
- India vs South Africa 2015: 3rd T20I - Preview
- Modi govt turns down IAF's request for more foreign fighter planes, pushes for Made-in-India Tejas
- Indrani Mukerjea back in jail; claims did not take pills, was upset because of mother's death
- Unbelievable! Crops destroyed for Congress vice president Rahul Gandhi's rally in Karnataka
- Asaduddin Owaisi's brother Akbaruddin in trouble over poll speech, arrest warrant issued