Forest Rights Act extended to Mizoram
Aizawl: The Scheduled Tribe and Other
Traditional Forest Dwellers (Recognition of Forest Rights)
Act, 2006 would be extended to Mizoram from December 31, 2009.
An official resolution seeking the extension of the
act, moved by the state Social Welfare minister P C
Lalthanliana was adopted by the Mizoram legislature today.
Adoption of the official resolution was necessitated
by the provisions of Article 371G which stipulates
that no act of Parliament on the ownership and transfer of
land would be applicable to the state of Mizoram unless the
state legislature by adopting a resolution decided to do so.
Lalthanliana, while moving the resolution said that
the act would benefit the tribal people and forest dwellers as
a whole and would also help in protection of the environment.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Latest condition of Navjot Singh Sidhu: Sherry Paaji making steady recovery!
- Rahul Gandhi takes potshot at PM Narendra Modi's fashion sense - Watch
- Bihar has to choose between 'jungle raj' and 'vikas Raj': Narendra Modi
- Salman Khan's songs: Best five!
- FIR against Asaduddin Owaisi for posting objectionable picture of Yogi Adityanath on Facebook