Former Arunachal CM Apang`s bail plea turned down
Itanagar: The Gauhati High Court has
rejected the bail petition of former Arunachal Pradesh chief
minister Gegong Apang, who has been arrested for his alleged
involvement in the multi-crore PDS scam.
"There is no chance of Apang absconding or jumping
bail, but it must be borne in mind that being a former chief
minister of the state for several terms, he has enough
resources which he may utilise to influence key witnesses
"If he is enlarged on bail, it would go against the
interest of the investigation," Justice P K Musahari of the
Itanagar bench said yesterday while rejecting the bail plea.
Apang, who is currently on judicial remand, was
arrested by the Special Investigating Cell constituted by the
state government, on August 24 from Itanagar.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Narsingh Yadav doping controversy: Who's to blame?
- Narsingh Yadav doping controversy: Who's to blame? - Part II
- NADA likely to declare verdict on wrestler Narsingh Yadav's doping case on Thursday
- DNA: Analysis of crime, fraud and corruption during election in POK
- DNA: Analysis of crime, fraud and corruption during election in POK - Part II
- US Presidential Elections: Donald Trump could win, warns Barack Obama
- Delhi Transport Minister says 17 auto unions end strike; union leader denies
- World at war over money, not religious faith, says Pope
- World Hepatitis Day, 2016: Ten facts you should know!
- Protests over 'sacrilegious act' in Jammu, case registered