Former Arunachal CM Apang`s bail plea turned down
Itanagar: The Gauhati High Court has
rejected the bail petition of former Arunachal Pradesh chief
minister Gegong Apang, who has been arrested for his alleged
involvement in the multi-crore PDS scam.
"There is no chance of Apang absconding or jumping
bail, but it must be borne in mind that being a former chief
minister of the state for several terms, he has enough
resources which he may utilise to influence key witnesses
"If he is enlarged on bail, it would go against the
interest of the investigation," Justice P K Musahari of the
Itanagar bench said yesterday while rejecting the bail plea.
Apang, who is currently on judicial remand, was
arrested by the Special Investigating Cell constituted by the
state government, on August 24 from Itanagar.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Passenger plane dangerously oscillates before touching runway
- Home Ministry holds high-level meet over ISIS
- Indian Army finds cow bombs near border, Maoists hand suspected?
- Yakub Memon's execution: Supreme Court Deputy Registrar quits over judgement
- Delhi's graduate beggar – The amount he earns will shock you!