Former Assam Minister dead
Tinsukia: Former Assam Minister Shiv Sambhu Ojha died here today following a cardiac arrest, family sources said.
Ojha, who arrived here today from Patna by Rajdhani Express, suffered a cardiac arrest at the railway station and was immediately rushed to Tinsukia Civil Hospital where he was declared brought dead.
He was 77 and is survived by five daughters. His wife and predeceased him.
A two time Congress MLA, Ojha was cabinet minister for transport in the Hiteshwar Saikia led Congress ministry.
Union DONER Minister Paban Singh Ghatowar has condoled Ojha`s death.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- SP leader seeks RS seat for Yakub's wife, sacked
- Political war of words erupts over Yakub Memon's execution
- Exclusive chat with Bajrangi Bhaijaan's Munni aka Harshaali Malhotra
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How do you cope up with ever changing environment in life?
- Mumbai: Woman pushed off from running local train by robbers
- Watch: Passenger plane dangerously oscillates before touching runway
- Yakub Memon's execution: Supreme Court Deputy Registrar quits over judgement
- Indian Army finds cow bombs near border, Maoists hand suspected?
- Delhi's graduate beggar – The amount he earns will shock you!
- Govt formalises strategies to counter ISIS threat, maintain internal security