Former BSP MLA taken into custody in gang-rape case
Badaun: A former BSP MLA, declared absconding by a local court in connection with the gang-rape and abduction case of a girl, was taken into custody by local police from a hospital in Noida.
Former BSP MLA Yogendra Sagar was taken into custody last night after his counsel informed the court that he was under treatment at Prayagraj Hospital in Noida, SSP Atul Saxena said.
Sagar was wanted in connection with the gang-rape and abduction of a college student in 2008.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch video: The epic battle between 'Machli' tigress and a 14-foot-long crocodile!
- India, Bangladesh swap border enclaves, settle historic dispute; people rejoice
- Home Ministry holds high-level meet over ISIS
- 'Remembering Dr APJ Abdul Kalam' - President Pranab Mukherjee's photo tribute on Twitter
- Watch: Passenger plane dangerously oscillates before touching runway