Former horticulture minister granted bail in embezzlement case
Itanagar: A district court has granted interim bail to former Sikkim Horticulture Minister Tsering Gyurme following his indictment by Special Investigation Cell (Vigilance) for embezzling public money to the tune of Rs 2.36 crore.
The scam had come to light when the SIC indicted the former minister for his involvement in the scam and submitted the findings to the District Sessions Judge, Yupia for prosecution of the persons involved on Wednesday.
During 2004-2006, Gyurme had embezzled money to the tune of Rs 2.36 crore meant for Technology Mission for Integrated Development of Horticulture in Arunachal Pradesh (TMIDHAP).
The court in its order asked Gyurme to furnish a bail bond of Rs one lakh with two sureties of the same amount and with an order to cooperate and appear before the investigation team as and when summoned.
While furnishing a copy of the bail order to the press today, senior public leaders Dor Tsering and Bodumba from Dirang, Gyurme`s constituency, appreciated the court for taking cognizance of a PIL filed recently against corruption in high places and appealed to the court not to spare anyone either big or small in order to root out corruption from the state.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Kalam's advisor recalls his last moments with the great scientist
- To Sir with Love: School kids pay tribute to Dr Kalam
- DNA: Complete analysis of APJ Abdul Kalam's life and achievements
- India mourns APJ Abdul Kalam; PM to receive body at Palam airport
- Kalam's body flown to Delhi; PM, Prez lead nation in paying homage
- When UN declared Dr APJ Abdul Kalam's 79th birthday as World Students' Day
- India's 'original rocket man': Abdul Kalam's phenomenal contribution to Science
- Ready to see Shah Rukh-Salman together on-screen?
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral: Why Rameswaram was chosen over New Delhi?
- Zee Media Exclusive: Wife says Yakub Memon unwell, appeals to govt for clemency