Former horticulture minister granted bail in embezzlement case
Itanagar: A district court has granted interim bail to former Sikkim Horticulture Minister Tsering Gyurme following his indictment by Special Investigation Cell (Vigilance) for embezzling public money to the tune of Rs 2.36 crore.
The scam had come to light when the SIC indicted the former minister for his involvement in the scam and submitted the findings to the District Sessions Judge, Yupia for prosecution of the persons involved on Wednesday.
During 2004-2006, Gyurme had embezzled money to the tune of Rs 2.36 crore meant for Technology Mission for Integrated Development of Horticulture in Arunachal Pradesh (TMIDHAP).
The court in its order asked Gyurme to furnish a bail bond of Rs one lakh with two sureties of the same amount and with an order to cooperate and appear before the investigation team as and when summoned.
While furnishing a copy of the bail order to the press today, senior public leaders Dor Tsering and Bodumba from Dirang, Gyurme`s constituency, appreciated the court for taking cognizance of a PIL filed recently against corruption in high places and appealed to the court not to spare anyone either big or small in order to root out corruption from the state.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How to expand your existing business
- Entire Indian force can't defend Kashmir from terrorists, says Farooq Abdullah
- Prashant Bhushan questions Arvind Kejriwal on Lokpal through press conference
- UP: DM B Chandrakala participates in anti-riots drill in Bulandshahr
- PM Modi addresses the nation during Maan Ki baat
- Women fit only to deliver children, gender equality un-islamic: Kerala Muslim leader
- Sheena Bora murder: Why did Indrani send servant to Kolkata to get illegal drugs?
- Russian MP dies while ‘having sex’ inside car - Read
- Modi govt 'promoting Brahmanism' in the name of 'Hindu Rashtravad': Arundhati Roy
- Ban on Salman Rushdie's 'The Satanic Verses' by Rajiv Gandhi govt was a mistake: P Chidambaram