Former insurgent lynched in Agartala
Agartala: A surrendered insurgent, who tried to extort money, was beaten to death in Tripura`s Khowai district, police sources said Monday.
Prabir Debbarma, who formely belonged to the outlawed National Liberation Front of Tripura was lynched at Behalabari, a remote tribal hamlet, when he assaulted a person who refused to pay up last night, the sources said.
A mob of 40 tribals attacked the insurgent`s house and beat him to death, they said.
The man beaten up by the former insurgent was also hospitalised.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - Huge fire breaks out at petrol pump in Kota, Rajasthan
- NSG now 'nine times' stronger; receives technological strength from 12 countries!
- Bihar: Congress leader Brajesh Pandey accused of running sex racket
- Panel discussion over why SP government is backing Gayatri Prajapati
- Why is religion being made the basis of election campaigns in UP?
- 7th Pay Commission: Allowances committee raises HRA to 30%?
- Virat Kohli thanks sprint legend Usain Bolt for congratulating him on 'record' Puma deal
- Virat Kohli becomes first Indian sportsperson to sign Rs 100-crore endorsement deal
- IPL 2017 Auction: Reaction-filled Twitter erupts with emotions!
- Sony Xperia X gets a price cut of whopping Rs 14,000