Former insurgent lynched in Agartala
Agartala: A surrendered insurgent, who tried to extort money, was beaten to death in Tripura`s Khowai district, police sources said Monday.
Prabir Debbarma, who formely belonged to the outlawed National Liberation Front of Tripura was lynched at Behalabari, a remote tribal hamlet, when he assaulted a person who refused to pay up last night, the sources said.
A mob of 40 tribals attacked the insurgent`s house and beat him to death, they said.
The man beaten up by the former insurgent was also hospitalised.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Prashant Bhushan questions Arvind Kejriwal on Lokpal through press conference
- PM Modi addresses the nation during Maan Ki baat
- Delhi police arrests BSF personnel, ISI operative for espionage
- Kerala's Sunni religious leader calls gender equality ‘un-Islamic’
- Maharashtra: Shani Shignapur temple purifies after woman offers oil
- Muslims worldwide had celebrated after 9/11: Donald Trump
- PM Modi congratulates Zee News for its efforts to promote energy conservation
- Reptile fossil explains how snakes lost their legs
- Had Sardar Patel become PM, India would have been another Pakistan, says Kancha Ilaiah
- Video: India won't tolerate disrespect to national anthem – this Mumbai family learnt it the hard way