Former insurgent lynched in Agartala
Agartala: A surrendered insurgent, who tried to extort money, was beaten to death in Tripura`s Khowai district, police sources said Monday.
Prabir Debbarma, who formely belonged to the outlawed National Liberation Front of Tripura was lynched at Behalabari, a remote tribal hamlet, when he assaulted a person who refused to pay up last night, the sources said.
A mob of 40 tribals attacked the insurgent`s house and beat him to death, they said.
The man beaten up by the former insurgent was also hospitalised.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi lays foundation stone of IARI at Barhi: As it happened
- India vs Zimbabwe: Ajinkya Rahane to lead; MS Dhoni, Virat Kohli rested
- BJP can give even Dawood Ibrahim a clean chit: Digvijay Singh
- India likely to rest MS Dhoni, Virat Kohli for Zimbabwe tour
- Tihar Jail's security breached: Lt Governor Najeeb Jung orders probe, Centre seeks report