Former insurgent lynched in Agartala
Agartala: A surrendered insurgent, who tried to extort money, was beaten to death in Tripura`s Khowai district, police sources said Monday.
Prabir Debbarma, who formely belonged to the outlawed National Liberation Front of Tripura was lynched at Behalabari, a remote tribal hamlet, when he assaulted a person who refused to pay up last night, the sources said.
A mob of 40 tribals attacked the insurgent`s house and beat him to death, they said.
The man beaten up by the former insurgent was also hospitalised.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Vyapam Scam: IMA president Sudhir Tiwari fears life threat
- Vyapam Scam: Mystery over journalist Akshay Singh's death continues
- Jhansi police launches ‘Citizen Cop’ android app
- Kailash Vijayvargiya on Akshay Singh's death: Is a journalist bigger than me?
- Panel discussion on RSS's 'Muslim Rashtriya Manch' first Iftaar party
- Vyapam scam: MP medical college dean found dead in hotel, body sent for post-mortem
- Vyapam scam: Last rites of journalist Akshay Singh performed; MP CM assures of SIT probe
- Photographer captures International Space Station flying across moon
- PM Narendra Modi holds talks with Uzbek leader
- 'Selfie with daughter' controversy: Bollywood supports Shruti Seth