Former insurgent lynched in Agartala
Agartala: A surrendered insurgent, who tried to extort money, was beaten to death in Tripura`s Khowai district, police sources said Monday.
Prabir Debbarma, who formely belonged to the outlawed National Liberation Front of Tripura was lynched at Behalabari, a remote tribal hamlet, when he assaulted a person who refused to pay up last night, the sources said.
A mob of 40 tribals attacked the insurgent`s house and beat him to death, they said.
The man beaten up by the former insurgent was also hospitalised.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Pakistan's brutality exposed; `Black Day` protesters thrashed in PoK - Video goes viral
- Pakistan High Commission staffer, briefly detained for espionage, asked to leave India in 48 hours
- National Geographic's famed ''Afghan Girl'' arrested in Pakistan for forgery
- Pakistan declares Indian High Commission official persona non grata, asks him to leave country
- Hrithik Roshan, Yami Gautam's 'Kaabil' trailer shocks Rakesh Roshan