Former Nagaland CM Jamir visits Manipur
Imphal: Former Nagaland Chief Minister and senior Congress leader S C Jamir has arrived here on a two-day private visit to Manipur, party sources said Tuesday.
Sources said Jamir, a former governor of Maharashtra, called on Manipur governor Gurbachan Jagat immediately after arrival but it was not known what transpired in the meeting.
The visit of Jamir, a member of Congress Working Committee, was viewed with considerable interests among political observers as Centre and NSCN-IM are going to enter a crucial stage in peace talks for settlement of Naga issues in Nagaland.
The main demand of NSCN-IM was, said sources in political parties here, that of disintegration of Manipur to merge Naga-inhabited areas with neighbouring Nagaland but it was rejected by several organisations in Manipur.
Congress sources said Jamir would also meet Manipur Chief Minister O Ibobi Singh, also a senior Congress leader, before leaving for Nagaland today.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- I am still single, says Hrithik Roshan
- SC intervenes into Khap panchayat's rape order of two UP sisters, seeks report from Akhilesh govt
- Furkan, not Tiger Memon, arrested in Pakistan
- Sheena Bora murder case: Peter Mukerjea's statement recorded, police search his Worli residence
- Sonakshi Sinha silences Twitter troll for calling her ugly and it's epic!