Former Nagaland CM Jamir visits Manipur
Imphal: Former Nagaland Chief Minister and senior Congress leader S C Jamir has arrived here on a two-day private visit to Manipur, party sources said Tuesday.
Sources said Jamir, a former governor of Maharashtra, called on Manipur governor Gurbachan Jagat immediately after arrival but it was not known what transpired in the meeting.
The visit of Jamir, a member of Congress Working Committee, was viewed with considerable interests among political observers as Centre and NSCN-IM are going to enter a crucial stage in peace talks for settlement of Naga issues in Nagaland.
The main demand of NSCN-IM was, said sources in political parties here, that of disintegration of Manipur to merge Naga-inhabited areas with neighbouring Nagaland but it was rejected by several organisations in Manipur.
Congress sources said Jamir would also meet Manipur Chief Minister O Ibobi Singh, also a senior Congress leader, before leaving for Nagaland today.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Jamaat-e-Islami chief announces Rs 100 cr reward for PM Modi's arrest
- DNA: Captain Saurabh Kalia's torture at the hands of Pakistani Army
- DNA: Govt tests Maggi noodle samples from all states
- Zee Media exclusive interview with victim of Uber molestation
- Jamaat-e-Islami chief announces Rs 1 billion reward for PM Modi's arrest
- Was asked to call Sunanda Pushkar’s death `natural`: AIIMS doctor
- From being the ‘Dabangg’ girl to ‘Akira’ - Sonakshi Sinha’s journey so far
- Maggi row: Delhi registers case against Nestle, Kerala withdraws stock from govt stores
- China ship carrying 458 on board sinks in Yangtze River: Five dead, hundreds missing