Former PLA militant killed in Manipur
Imphal: A former member of the banned militant outfit People`s Liberation Army (PLA) was shot dead three days after he was abducted by unidentified gunmen in Manipur, officials said today.
Two persons in civil dress came to 33-year-old Hijam Babu`s house at Andro Kharam Leikai in Imphal East district at around 6 pm on November 2 last and asked for drinking water.
While Babu was offering water, some persons in security uniform took him away in a four wheeler. His body, which bore bullet wounds in the head, was found in Phangrei area in Ukhrul district yesterday, the sources said.
Family members said Babu had worked with the PLA for some years but "retired" from it some months ago and arrangement was being made for his marriage.
Women of Andro launched a sit-in protest yesterday demanding that the identity of the killers be established.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- J&K: Suspected Pakistani spy arrested in Samba district
- DNA: Reporting on war against ISIS in Mosul
- Kerala: Medical college prohibits girls from wearing jeans, noisy ornaments
- Ramgopal Yadav writes letter to SP party workers after Akhilesh Yadav sacked Shivpal Yadav
- Ramgopal Yadav writes to SP workers after Akhilesh Yadav suspends Shivpal Yadav
- India vs New Zealand, 3rd ODI: As it happened...
- Samajwadi Party feud intensifies: Shivpal Yadav sacked, Ramgopal Yadav expelled - As it happened
- 'Ae Dil Hai Mushkil' row: Raj Thackeray says Rs 5 crore 'penance' for signing Pakistani artistes
- Kerala dress code row: 'Why not 'mundus' for men, if 'sarees' for women'
- PM Narendra Modi warns of 'surgical strikes' against black money, corruption