Former PLA militant killed in Manipur
Imphal: A former member of the banned militant outfit People`s Liberation Army (PLA) was shot dead three days after he was abducted by unidentified gunmen in Manipur, officials said today.
Two persons in civil dress came to 33-year-old Hijam Babu`s house at Andro Kharam Leikai in Imphal East district at around 6 pm on November 2 last and asked for drinking water.
While Babu was offering water, some persons in security uniform took him away in a four wheeler. His body, which bore bullet wounds in the head, was found in Phangrei area in Ukhrul district yesterday, the sources said.
Family members said Babu had worked with the PLA for some years but "retired" from it some months ago and arrangement was being made for his marriage.
Women of Andro launched a sit-in protest yesterday demanding that the identity of the killers be established.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Mitchell Johnson takes a dig at Anil Kumble over calling Steve O'Keefe 'steady'
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's epic celebration after destroying Lahore Qalandars in Dubai
- IND vs AUS, 1st Test, Day 3: As it happened...
- BMC poll results: Shiv Sena approaches Congress for pact, party says 'not interested'
- Indian man Srinivas Kuchibhotla shot dead in Kansas bar while watching basketball game - Know what happened