Former Tripura minister dead
Agartala: Ruling CPI-M leader and former forest minister of Tripura Araber Rahaman has died at the G B Hospital here, family sources said Monday.
He was 82 and is survived by three sons and four daughters.
Rahaman, who was admitted to the hospital four days ago because of old age problem died yesterday.
He was elected MLA in 1978 from the Boxanagar constituency in Sonamura subdivision of Dhalai district and became forest Minister, a position he held for ten years.
Rahaman was defeated in the 1988 elections and did not contest thereafter.
A simple man, Rehaman was known as Master Rahaman (teacher) providing tuitions to poor students.
He was close to former chief minister Nripen Chakraborty.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Afzal Guru row: JNU Students' Union president Kanhaiya Kumar arrested
- Missing girl from Ghaziabad, Dipti Sarna returns; reunited with family
- DNA: Analysis on actions taken against students protesting at JNU
- DNA: Analysis on actions taken against students protesting at JNU - Part II
- DNA: Gravitational waves detected, proving Einstein right!
- Kumar Vishwas' birthday bash: Ajit Doval, BJP and RSS leaders attend; Arvind Kejriwal missing
- Afzal Guru row: JNU students union president Kanhaiya Kumar arrested by Delhi Police
- Snapdeal employee Dipti Sarna reaches home, police and family remain tight-lipped over her recovery
- Was abducted, blindfolded for four hours; Snapdeal employee Dipti Sarna narrates her ordeal
- Fitoor movie review: Tabu overpowers, Katrina Kaif, Aditya Roy Kapur leave a lasting impact!