Former Tripura minister dead
Agartala: Ruling CPI-M leader and former forest minister of Tripura Araber Rahaman has died at the G B Hospital here, family sources said Monday.
He was 82 and is survived by three sons and four daughters.
Rahaman, who was admitted to the hospital four days ago because of old age problem died yesterday.
He was elected MLA in 1978 from the Boxanagar constituency in Sonamura subdivision of Dhalai district and became forest Minister, a position he held for ten years.
Rahaman was defeated in the 1988 elections and did not contest thereafter.
A simple man, Rehaman was known as Master Rahaman (teacher) providing tuitions to poor students.
He was close to former chief minister Nripen Chakraborty.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Lashkar-e-Toiba plotting 26/11-style attack in India with the help of Pak Navy, ISI?
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, 'sex sites' planted as following
- Radhe Maa approached to be a part of Bigg Boss 9?
- What was Indrani Mukherjea's original plan to murder Sheena Bora?
- Pakistan can inflict 'heavy losses' in war with India: Khawaja Muhammad Asif
- Satire website publishes article on Osama bin Laden being alive and quotes Edward Snowden
- Indrani's former brother-in-law claims Sheena was Siddharth Das' daughter
- Sheena Bora murder case: 'Indrani Mukerjea's father thrashed her with belt'
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, sex sites planted as 'following'
- Leaked! Tentative list of 'Bigg Boss 9' revealed and guess who's hosting?