Former Tripura minister dead
Agartala: Ruling CPI-M leader and former forest minister of Tripura Araber Rahaman has died at the G B Hospital here, family sources said Monday.
He was 82 and is survived by three sons and four daughters.
Rahaman, who was admitted to the hospital four days ago because of old age problem died yesterday.
He was elected MLA in 1978 from the Boxanagar constituency in Sonamura subdivision of Dhalai district and became forest Minister, a position he held for ten years.
Rahaman was defeated in the 1988 elections and did not contest thereafter.
A simple man, Rehaman was known as Master Rahaman (teacher) providing tuitions to poor students.
He was close to former chief minister Nripen Chakraborty.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Does govt want to hike rail ticket in the name of subsidy?
- Does govt want to hike rail ticket in the name of subsidy? Part II
- Does govt want to hike rail ticket in the name of subsidy? Part III
- Does govt want to hike rail ticket in the name of subsidy? Part IV
- Panel discussion over India's bid for NSG