Former ULFA cadre hopeful for peace talks
Barpeta: Former ULFA cadre are
hopeful for unconditional peace talks between the banned
underground outfit and government and that too without the
participation of its absconding "commander-in-chief" Paresh
"We are hopeful for the talks without any condition.
The peace talks are possible without Paresh Barua", Prakton
ULFA Samannayrakshi Somity (Former ULFA Cadre Protection
Committee) general secretary Rajen Medhi said.
"Peace in Assam is needed at any cost without any
condition during the parleys with ULFA", Medhi said reporters
after the organisation`s central committee`s general meeting
The Samity`s working president Dhanajoy Rabha also
demanded that "all the police cases registered against the
former insurgents to be dismissed".
Rabha further demanded that "the former extremists be
given employment as the government failed to establish them
after their surrender forcing them to lead a miserable
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi visits Lord Jagannath temple at Puri
- Boyfriend murders DU student Arzu Singh; hides body in his house for three days
- International Fleet Review: India shows off naval prowess in "Operation Demo"
- Declared unfit for employment, man invents cost-effective electric car called Pixie!
- Can comments on social media against politicians land you in jail?
- PM Narendra Modi never disappoints his supporters, here's another example - see pic
- Year of the Monkey: Know how lucky you are according to Chinese calendar!
- India vs Sri Lanka 2016, 1st T20I: Squads, date, time, TV listing, live streaming
- WATCH: When PM Modi took his supporters by surprise, came to meet them standing on car's side foot step
- Really? Katrina Kaif rebuffs breaking up with Ranbir Kapoor?