Former ULFA cadre hopeful for peace talks
Barpeta: Former ULFA cadre are
hopeful for unconditional peace talks between the banned
underground outfit and government and that too without the
participation of its absconding "commander-in-chief" Paresh
"We are hopeful for the talks without any condition.
The peace talks are possible without Paresh Barua", Prakton
ULFA Samannayrakshi Somity (Former ULFA Cadre Protection
Committee) general secretary Rajen Medhi said.
"Peace in Assam is needed at any cost without any
condition during the parleys with ULFA", Medhi said reporters
after the organisation`s central committee`s general meeting
The Samity`s working president Dhanajoy Rabha also
demanded that "all the police cases registered against the
former insurgents to be dismissed".
Rabha further demanded that "the former extremists be
given employment as the government failed to establish them
after their surrender forcing them to lead a miserable
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- China condemns Pakistan over Uri terror attack
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- DNA: Analysis over who is responsible for tense condition of Kashmir after Burhan Wani's death?
- Congress workers thrash students for showing black flags to Rahul Gandhi in Raebareli
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Onam Bumper Lottery/Kerala Thiruvonam Bumper-2016 BR-51 draw result declared - Here is the winning ticket number
- Uri attack: Israel ready to help India with cutting-edge technology to secure borders
- India's Rafale vs Pakistan's F-16: Why the French fighter jet is the best choice for dogfight
- MNS ultimatum to Pakistani actors: Leave India in 48-hour deadline
- All you need to know about Reliance JioFi at Rs 1,999 – use free data till December 31