Foundation for Sevoke-Rangpo rail link to be laid
Gangtok: Vice President Hamid Ansari will
tomorrow lay the foundation stone of the 51 km railway
project connecting Rongpo in Sikkim with Sevoke in Siliguri,
the completion of which will connect the hill state to the
country`s rail network.
Ansari will lay the foundation of the Rs 1335-crore
project at a function where Railways Minister Mamata Banerjee,
Sikkim Chief Minister Pawan Kumar Chamling and Governor B P
Singh will be present, official sources said.
The Rangpo-Sevoke rail link will be completed by 2015
before being extended further up to the state capital, the
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- I am a Goddess for the weaker section which is making people angry: Mayawati
- Sacked BJP leader Dayashankar to be arrested soon for controversial remark on Mayawati
- Why do politicians show concern about Dalits during elections only?
- Why do politicians show concern about Dalits during elections only? Part II
- Why do politicians show concern about Dalits during elections only? Part III