Foundation for Sevoke-Rangpo rail link to be laid
Gangtok: Vice President Hamid Ansari will
tomorrow lay the foundation stone of the 51 km railway
project connecting Rongpo in Sikkim with Sevoke in Siliguri,
the completion of which will connect the hill state to the
country`s rail network.
Ansari will lay the foundation of the Rs 1335-crore
project at a function where Railways Minister Mamata Banerjee,
Sikkim Chief Minister Pawan Kumar Chamling and Governor B P
Singh will be present, official sources said.
The Rangpo-Sevoke rail link will be completed by 2015
before being extended further up to the state capital, the
- Why should religion become a basis to fight for women's rights?
- Why should religion become a basis to fight for women's rights? - Part II
- Why should religion become a basis to fight for women's rights? - Part III
- Why should religion become a basis to fight for women's rights? - Part IV
- Will Sonia Gandhi reveal the truth behind AgustaWestland chopper scam?
- Sensex cracks below 26,000-mark, tanks 461 points
- Ranbir Kapoor's superhero dreams shattered?
- Make PM Narendra Modi's educational qualification public; people want to know truth: Arvind Kejriwal
- PM Narendra Modi takes his place alongside other world leaders at Madame Tussauds
- Indra Nooyi, Satya Nadella, Bhavesh Patel among highest paid CEOs in world