Four aides of GNLA area commander held
Shillong: Four suspected aides of an area commander of the proscribed tribal outfit, the Garo National Liberation Army (GNLA) were arrested here, the police said Sunday.
They were arrested from Polo area of the city last evening while they were roaming suspiciously and carrying six mobile phones and 20 SIM cards.
The phones and SIM cards were seized from besides a car and a motor bike, the sources said.
Police suspected that the four were working under Jack Marak, a self-styled area commander of West Khasi Hills district.
The four were identified as Vincent T Sangma (20), a resident of Weikut village in South West Khasi Hills, Viraj Chungkan R Sangma (21) and Najim R Sangma (22), both residents of Chima Apal village in North Garo Hills district, and London A Sangma (25) of Bagli village near Borsora in South West Khasi Hills district.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sonakshi Sinha apologises to Sarabjit, accused in Tilak Nagar case
- Sheena Bora murder: Here's how the whole plan unfolded
- Sheena Bora murder: Transit remand for Sanjeev Khanna; to be presented in court
- Sheena murder: Trio to be taken to Raigad to re-construct crime scene
- Peter Mukerjea knew Sheena was Indrani's daughter: Report
- Shocking update in Sheena Bora case: Indrani Mukerjea was sexually molested by her father?
- Indrani's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna confesses to police he was involved in Sheena's murder
- A peek into Indrani Mukerjea's past
- Women's hockey team seals Olympic spot after 36 years, creates history on Dhyan Chand's birthday
- Dawood, Hafiz Saeed to be in fix as US, India may join hands to nab them