Four aides of GNLA area commander held
Shillong: Four suspected aides of an area commander of the proscribed tribal outfit, the Garo National Liberation Army (GNLA) were arrested here, the police said Sunday.
They were arrested from Polo area of the city last evening while they were roaming suspiciously and carrying six mobile phones and 20 SIM cards.
The phones and SIM cards were seized from besides a car and a motor bike, the sources said.
Police suspected that the four were working under Jack Marak, a self-styled area commander of West Khasi Hills district.
The four were identified as Vincent T Sangma (20), a resident of Weikut village in South West Khasi Hills, Viraj Chungkan R Sangma (21) and Najim R Sangma (22), both residents of Chima Apal village in North Garo Hills district, and London A Sangma (25) of Bagli village near Borsora in South West Khasi Hills district.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath takes 50 decisions without single Cabinet meet
- Triple Talaq: Why AIMPLB are opposing the petitions filed in Supreme Court?
- Legal, illegal slaughterhouses in UP: What you need to know
- DNA: Should strict action be taken against stone pelters of J&K?
- Triple talaq, polygamy integral part of Islam: AIMPLB tells SC
- Kapil Sharma–Sunil Grover fallout: Kiku Sharda finally breaks silence
- Chinese national insults Indian flag, throws it in dustbin outside Noida Oppo office; massive protest takes place
- No ban on cow slaughter in three Northeast states if party comes to power next year: BJP
- Gautam Gambhir gives Aussies perfect send-off, says true champions let their game do all the talking!
- Left to die on road, pregnant Lucknow woman writes to PM Narendra Modi to end 'triple talaq', says 'I voted for BJP'