Four aides of GNLA area commander held
Shillong: Four suspected aides of an area commander of the proscribed tribal outfit, the Garo National Liberation Army (GNLA) were arrested here, the police said Sunday.
They were arrested from Polo area of the city last evening while they were roaming suspiciously and carrying six mobile phones and 20 SIM cards.
The phones and SIM cards were seized from besides a car and a motor bike, the sources said.
Police suspected that the four were working under Jack Marak, a self-styled area commander of West Khasi Hills district.
The four were identified as Vincent T Sangma (20), a resident of Weikut village in South West Khasi Hills, Viraj Chungkan R Sangma (21) and Najim R Sangma (22), both residents of Chima Apal village in North Garo Hills district, and London A Sangma (25) of Bagli village near Borsora in South West Khasi Hills district.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India successfully test fires futuristic Scramjet Rocket Engine
- Modi govt plans Rs 2,000 crore package for refugees from PoK
- Watch: Baloch, Sindhi leaders hold joint protest against CPEC in London
- India in Olympics: PM Modi forms task force to improve Indian sports
- Watch: President confers Khel Ratna to PV Sindhu, Sakshi, Dipa and Jitu Rai
- When Kareena Kapoor Khan got 'emotional' while walking Lakme Fashion Week runway
- Two dead, 41 hurt in bus crash involving Louisiana flood-relief volunteers
- Three accused of 2009 Sri Lanka cricket team attack killed, claims Pakistan
- Heart failure among the aged may triple by 2060
- Shahid Kapoor holding his newly born daughter is the cutest thing you will see today! – Pic inside