Four aides of GNLA area commander held
Shillong: Four suspected aides of an area commander of the proscribed tribal outfit, the Garo National Liberation Army (GNLA) were arrested here, the police said Sunday.
They were arrested from Polo area of the city last evening while they were roaming suspiciously and carrying six mobile phones and 20 SIM cards.
The phones and SIM cards were seized from besides a car and a motor bike, the sources said.
Police suspected that the four were working under Jack Marak, a self-styled area commander of West Khasi Hills district.
The four were identified as Vincent T Sangma (20), a resident of Weikut village in South West Khasi Hills, Viraj Chungkan R Sangma (21) and Najim R Sangma (22), both residents of Chima Apal village in North Garo Hills district, and London A Sangma (25) of Bagli village near Borsora in South West Khasi Hills district.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Security guard beats woman journalist publicly in Pakistan
- Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; 7 Pak Rangers killed, BSF jawan injured
- ISIS terrorists escape Mosul disguised in women's clothing
- J&K: Suspected Pakistani spy arrested in Samba district
- DNA: Reporting on war against ISIS in Mosul
- LIVE Cricket Score, IND vs NZ, 3rd ODI: Kohli-Dhoni stand keeps India in hunt
- Hema Malini did not accept land for dance academy: Government to HC
- Seven Pak rangers, one militant killed in retaliatory firing by BSF on Jammu border
- Samajwadi Party feud LIVE: After his sacking, Ramgopal Yadav writes to Mulayam, says 'you're surrounded by evil forces'
- 'Ae Dil Hai Mushkil' row: Raj Thackeray says Rs 5 crore 'penance' for signing Pakistani artistes