Four aides of GNLA area commander held
Shillong: Four suspected aides of an area commander of the proscribed tribal outfit, the Garo National Liberation Army (GNLA) were arrested here, the police said Sunday.
They were arrested from Polo area of the city last evening while they were roaming suspiciously and carrying six mobile phones and 20 SIM cards.
The phones and SIM cards were seized from besides a car and a motor bike, the sources said.
Police suspected that the four were working under Jack Marak, a self-styled area commander of West Khasi Hills district.
The four were identified as Vincent T Sangma (20), a resident of Weikut village in South West Khasi Hills, Viraj Chungkan R Sangma (21) and Najim R Sangma (22), both residents of Chima Apal village in North Garo Hills district, and London A Sangma (25) of Bagli village near Borsora in South West Khasi Hills district.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'Baahubali' becomes first non-Hindi film to cross Rs 500 crore
- Washington Mayor calls Michelle Obama 'gorilla face', says 'she is attractive only to monkey man Barack'
- 'Bajrangi Bhaijaan' impact: Govt agrees to help deaf-and-dumb Indian girl stranded in Pakistan
- Ban on internet porn: Here's why it is impossible
- Govt doesn't want you to even watch porn in private, blocks over 800 sites