Four arrested for assaulting Editor
Itanagar: Four more persons, including the prime accused in the ransacking of the office of an English daily and assaulting its Associate Editor on November 9, were arrested from Guwahati in Assam, police said here on Wednesday.
Prime accused Dobing Sonam and three of his accomplices -- Tagum Phassang, Kome Yangfo and Roye Yangfo -- were arrested from a hotel in Guwahati yesterday, Capital Complex SP Surinder Kumar said here.
The office of Arunachal`s first English daily `Echo of Arunachal` was ransacked and its Associate Editor Tapan Kr Das assaulted by some members of the Arunachal Pradesh Public Transport Federation (APPTF) on November 9 following argument over publication of a news item.
During interrogation, it was revealed by all the four accused that they were taking shelter in different cities of Assam during the last 10 days to avoid arrest and used to change their location on every second or third day, he said.
One person was arrested on November 13. Hunt was on for arresting the remaining five accused, he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- What Muslims think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad barred from flying after his assault on AI staffer
- Martyrs' Day: Nation remembers Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev and Rajguru for their sacrifice
- Do not put unnecessary pressure on police: PM Modi tells UP BJP MPs
- Air India lodges FIR against Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad for assaulting staffer
- Hukumdev Narain Yadav to be new Vice-President of India?
- 400 Trinamool Congress members including many TMC stalwarts join BJP in Tripura
- Mulayam Singh Yadav's son Prateek, his daughter-in-law Aparna meet UP CM Yogi Adityanath - Know why
- Yogi Adityanath took THESE 20 big actions in just 75 hours after becoming UP CM
- Should there be strict laws against cow slaughter? Uttar Pradesh CM Yogi Adityanath seeks public opinion