Four arrested for assaulting Editor
Itanagar: Four more persons, including the prime accused in the ransacking of the office of an English daily and assaulting its Associate Editor on November 9, were arrested from Guwahati in Assam, police said here on Wednesday.
Prime accused Dobing Sonam and three of his accomplices -- Tagum Phassang, Kome Yangfo and Roye Yangfo -- were arrested from a hotel in Guwahati yesterday, Capital Complex SP Surinder Kumar said here.
The office of Arunachal`s first English daily `Echo of Arunachal` was ransacked and its Associate Editor Tapan Kr Das assaulted by some members of the Arunachal Pradesh Public Transport Federation (APPTF) on November 9 following argument over publication of a news item.
During interrogation, it was revealed by all the four accused that they were taking shelter in different cities of Assam during the last 10 days to avoid arrest and used to change their location on every second or third day, he said.
One person was arrested on November 13. Hunt was on for arresting the remaining five accused, he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- PM Modi calls meeting to review Indus Waters Treaty today
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak - Part II
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Govt calls meet on Indus Water Treaty; Water Resources Ministry, MEA to brief PM Modi