Four die in landslides in Mizoram
Aizawl: Four people were killed and several places remained inaccessible due to road blockade caused by landslides since Thursday as heavy rains lashed Mizoram since Wednesday night, police said.
The driver and operator of an excavator and the driver of a private vehicle were killed following a massive landslide near Dapchhuah village on Mizoram-Tripura border Mamit district last evening.
While the body of Nasim Uddin, working under Muzir Uddin, operator of the excavator, was found, the search for the bodies of Muzir Uddin and Lalnunsiama, the driver of the vehicle, was on.
Muzir Uddin and Nasim Uddin were clearing the debris on the road when another massive landslide occurred killing them. Meanwhile, Lalnunsiama, who had boarded the excavator while waiting for the road to be cleared, was also killed as the excavator was swept off the road in the landslide, police said.
In another incident, an excavator met with an accident near Kawnpui town in Kolasib district yesterday in which the operator Ramdinthara was killed on the spot. The National Highway 54 linking Aizawl with the rest of the country was blocked in many places especially near Kawnpui due to the heavy landslide.
Power supply and telecommunication were also disrupted in many places due to heavy rainfall and landslides triggered by incessant downpour.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof
- India's surgical strikes: Pakistan buries slain terrorists to hide evidence, asks Masood Azhar to go mum
- Who is Chandu Babulal Chauhan and why India wants to bring him back from Pakistan - Read