Four districts in Arunachal worst hit by floods
Itanagar: One person was drowned as Lohit, Changlang, Dibang Valley and East Siang districts in Arunchal Pradesh remained the worst affected by floods in the state, official sources said on Friday.
The CRPF recovered the body of a person swept away by flood waters of the Balijan River last night in Lohit district, the sources said.
In Lohit district, the water level of the Lohit, Kamlang and their tributaries were flowing above the red mark with Alubari, Nopatia, Mabira , Morapat and adjoining villages cut off in Chowkham circle, the sources said.
In Dharmpur area, flood waters entered 38 houses with residents evacuated, Lohit deputy commissioner R K Sharma said.
In Namsai circle Menkengmiri, Jona and its adjoining areas were affected by floods and largescale erosion.
Eight relief camps were set up with 31 stranded people rescued in Sunpura circle and 94 students evacuated after their school building and hostel were inundated, the sources said.
The flood situation in Changlang and Lower Dibang Valley districts also remained grim with flood waters snapping road communication at several locations.
The state government yesterday sounded a red alert in the state with Chief Minister Nabam Tuki directing officials to remain vigilant around the clock.
Torrential rain over the last few days have created havoc in different parts of Lower Dibang Valley district with areas at Simari, Iduli, Abali, Idili and Bolung villages flooded and the condition was grim at Moying, Baksek, Sekbuk, Kaling and Tapar areas of Bolung village where more than 50 houses were submerged, the sources added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Cabinet meeting on 7th Pay Commission may approve higher salaries for govt employees
- Cabinet meeting on 7th Pay Commission may approve higher salaries for govt employees - Part II
- Monsoon havoc: Delhi lacks proper drainage system
- SC rejects plea seeking ban on WhatsApp messaging app
- 7th Pay Commission: Cabinet approves pay hike for govt employees
- Atmosphere of ancient Mars had high levels of oxygen: NASA
- Shiv Sena mocks Amit Shah on 'Sholay' posters, BJP warns of `fitting reply`
- Tired of an unruly mane? Watch how to keep hair your straight all day long!
- 7th Pay Commission: Five recommendations that will disappoint govt employees
- Union Cabinet reshuffle on Thursday? President’s House being readied for ceremony