Four IRB personnel suspended for shooting at students in Imphal
Imphal: Four personnel of India Reserve Battalion (IRB) have been put under suspension in connection with last night`s incident in which three students were injured when police opened fire at them, official sources said Thursday.
Sources said a combined team of police commandos and IRB personnel were checking and frisking passers-by at Thangal market complex here last night when a car entered the area.
When asked to stop, the occupants did not stop the vehicle, sources said adding that the security personnel opened fire injuring three of them.
Sources said the occupants later turned out to be students and the incident occured while they were returning home after attending a private tuition course.
The injured students who were hospitalised at Regional Institute of Medical Science and Hospital here, were identified as Thomas Adlo (18), K S Ashao (18) and L S James
(21), sources said adding that in connection with the incident four IRB personnel have been suspended from service.
They said investigation into the incident was on.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - Huge fire breaks out at petrol pump in Kota, Rajasthan
- NSG now 'nine times' stronger; receives technological strength from 12 countries!
- RJD strongman Shahabuddin brought to Delhi
- UP elections in third phase; voting on 69 seats of 12 districts
- Panel discussion over why SP government is backing Gayatri Prajapati
- 'BJP is winning by absolute majority in Uttar Pradesh Assembly elections'
- 7th Pay Commission: Allowances committee raises HRA to 30%?
- J&K: 26 soldiers martyred, 22 militants killed as Army steps up security in Valley
- Virat Kohli becomes first Indian sportsperson to sign Rs 100-crore endorsement deal
- Virat Kohli thanks sprint legend Usain Bolt for congratulating on 'record' Puma deal