Four jawans injured in bomb blast in interior Manipur
Imphal: Four jawans of Assam Rifles were on Friday injured when a powerful bomb exploded at Monjang area in Manipur`s interior Chandel district bordering Myanmar.
The blast occurred when the personnel of 9th Assam Rifles battalion were patrolling Imphal-Moreh National Highway No 39 at Hotel Point Monjang area, about 120 Kms south-east of here, at around 7.30 AM, officials said.
According to initial reports, the bomb was exploded by using a remote controlled device, they said, adding the insurgents might have escaped to nearby thick jungles after the explosion.
Four jawans, who were on foot-patrol, suffered splinter injuries and were taken to a hospital at Moreh, about 5 kms from the spot, they said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Shocking update in Sheena Bora case: Indrani Mukerjea was sexually molested by her father?
- Indrani's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna confesses to police he was involved in Sheena's murder
- A peek into Indrani Mukerjea's past
- Ravi Shastri reveals truth behind MS Dhoni's sudden Test retirement!
- NASA completes series of engine tests for next big rocket