Four jawans injured in Manipur ambush ahead of Modi`s rally
Imphal: Four Assam Rifles jawans were seriously injured when insurgents ambushed a patrol of the central paramilitary force at Nambasi in Manipur`s Ukhrul district on Saturday.
Insurgents exploded a powerful bomb and attacked a patrol party of the 44th Assam Rifles, injuring four jawans, officials said.
The paramilitary forces returned the fire and the encounter lasted more than 15 minutes.
The seriously injured jawans were taken to an army hospital, police said.
Insurgents ambushed the security patrol minutes before the arrival of BJP Prime Ministerial candidate Narendra Modi to address a rally in Imphal.
Charging that people of the state were being "suppressed" by central forces in the name of dealing with insurgents, militant outfit United Revolutionary Front had given a call for boycotting Modi`s visit.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Grief stricken people shout slogans as Kalam's body carried out of hospital
- Punjab: Gurdaspur gunbattle ends, all terrorists killed
- Mumbai blasts case: Maharashtra govt opposes Yakub Memon's mercy plea in SC
- PM Modi condoles APJ Abdul Kalam's death
- Kalam's advisor recalls his last moments with the great scientist
- FORMER PRESIDENT OF INDIA APJ ABDUL KALAM PASSES AWAY
- Politicos mourn death of former president APJ Abdul Kalam, hail him as 'Missile Man of India'
- When UN declared Dr APJ Abdul Kalam's 79th birthday as World Students' Day
- SC hearing on 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's curative plea
- Cricket series can't happen along with terror attacks: Anurag Thakur warns PCB