Four killed, 48 injured in Assam mishaps
Guwahati: Four people, including a woman,
were killed and 39 others injured in three different
mishaps in Assam on Monday, police sources said here.
Three persons were killed and 13 others of a marriage
party injured when their vehicle hit a stationary truck at
Goroibari under Bongaigaon police station of the district.
The injured were admitted to the Bongaigaon Lower
Assam Hospital and a angry mob blocked National Highway 31
for three hours to protest the accident. The police later
persuaded them to lift the road blockade.
In another mishap, a woman was killed and 18 others
injured when a bus fell into a ditch on the National Highway
37 at Bokakhat in Golaghat district.
The condition of eight of the injured was stated to be
critical, sources said.
In yet another accident, eight musicians of popular
Assamese singer Krishnamoni Chutia`s troupe were injured when
their bus fell into a roadside ditch in Goalpara district.
The musicians were returning after performing at a
Bihu function in Dudhnoi. They have been shifted to the
Guwahati Medical College Hospital here.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Shahid Kapoor-Mira Rajput wedding: Check out their first picture as a couple!
- No bomb found on Turkish Airlines flight which made emergency landing in Delhi
- Amartya Sen says Modi govt ousted him from Nalanda University
- No confirmation on meeting with Manohar Parrikar on OROP: Ex-servicemen
- Vyapam scam: Only courts can order CBI probe, says Rajnath Singh