Four killed, eight injured in Assam police firing
Besimari: Four jute farmers were
killed and eight others injured when police opened fire to
quell a group of cultivators who blocked national highway 52
in protest against minimum support price of their products
near Dalgaon in Darrang district on Monday, police said.
Police resorted to firing when lathicharge had failed
to disperse the agitators who blocked the highway for a long
time halting movement of vehicles. Later they turned violent
and attacked the policemen injuring eight of them.
In the firing four farmers were killed and eight
others injured who were admitted to Mongoldoi Civil Hospital,
Senior district police and civil officials have rushed
to the spot.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Entire Indian force can't defend Kashmir from terrorists: Farooq Abdullah
- Woman cop transferred within 24 hours of spat with Haryana minister Anil Vij
- Pakistan vs England, 2nd T20: Live Streaming
- It's a reality, Muslim youths from South India more attracted to ISIS: Kiren Rijiju
- PM Narendra Modi meets journalists at Diwali Milan