Four killed, eight injured in Assam police firing
Besimari: Four jute farmers were
killed and eight others injured when police opened fire to
quell a group of cultivators who blocked national highway 52
in protest against minimum support price of their products
near Dalgaon in Darrang district on Monday, police said.
Police resorted to firing when lathicharge had failed
to disperse the agitators who blocked the highway for a long
time halting movement of vehicles. Later they turned violent
and attacked the policemen injuring eight of them.
In the firing four farmers were killed and eight
others injured who were admitted to Mongoldoi Civil Hospital,
Senior district police and civil officials have rushed
to the spot.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- 38-year-old arrested for ‘raping’ minors in Delhi; assaulted over 600 girls
- BJP announces 149 names in first list of candidates for UP elections
- DNA: Analysis of insensitivity shown by political leaders over rising poverty in India
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- China's NSG stand is neither fair nor transparent, says Defence Expert
- Bengaluru pips Silicon Valley to become world's most dynamic city
- Army orders modern helmets for jawans, can withstand bullets fired from short range
- Zaira Wasim Trolled: Ashamed that she had to apologise, says Gautam Gambhir