Four militants killed in factional fight
Imphal: Four militants were killed in a factional fight between NSCN-IM and Zekiangrong United Front (ZUF) at Gaddai Hills area in Tamenglong district of Manipur, officials said Wednesday.
There was a gunfight between the NSCN-IM and ZUF that lasted several hours yesterday in which two NSCN-IM and two ZUF militants were killed.
Official sources here said Assam Rifles personnel, posted near the Gaddai Hills area, have rushed to the spot.
The two militants outfits have been engaged in frequent gunfights resulting in the death of militants of both the outfits in the past few months.
While ZUF said they would drive out NSCN-IM from Naga-majority Tamenglong district, NSCN-IM said they would remain citing public support, the sources said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Narendra Modi's speech at Heart of Asia conference
- Aware of Chinese submarine deployment at Balochistan's Gwadar port, says Navy chief
- Like SAARC, should India boycott Pak in Heart of Asia conference?
- 'Heart of Asia' Conference begins in Amritsar; Sartaj Aziz to pay a visit on Sunday
- Iraqi army inches close to Baghdadi in Mosul- Report
- Rs 14,000 crore default case: Gujarat businessman detained, says money belongs to politicians, babus
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition continues to remain critical after suffering cardiac arrest
- Newly-wed couple Yuvraj Singh and Hazel Keech perform `bhangra` at Goa airport – Viral video
- Gujarat man who disclosed Rs 14,000 crore unaccounted wealth goes missing
- RBI to issue new Rs 20, Rs 50 notes; old notes to remain legal tender