Four militants nabbed in Guwahati
Guwahati: Four militants - three belonging
to the National Democratic Front of Bodoland (NDFB) and one of
Manipur`s Kangleipak Communist Party (KCP) have been arrested
by the Assam police here today, police said.
The three NDFB militants, belonging to the outfit`s
publicity wing, were arrested from Latasil area of the city.
The militants have been identified as Ponkha
Basumatary, Gaurav Boro and Parikshit Boro, sources said.
In another incident, a KCP militant, identified as S
Ramesh alias Ramen, was arrested by the police from
Paltanbazar area of the city.
The police recovered a computer and several documents
from the apprehended militant, sources added.
The police have stepped up search operations in the
city following intelligence reports that militant outfit`s,
particularly the NDFB, was planning to carry out subversive
activities in the run up to the Independence Day celebrations.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Does govt want to hike rail ticket in the name of subsidy?
- Does govt want to hike rail ticket in the name of subsidy? Part II
- Does govt want to hike rail ticket in the name of subsidy? Part III
- Does govt want to hike rail ticket in the name of subsidy? Part IV
- Panel discussion over India's bid for NSG
- Manoj Bajpayee's 'Budhia Singh – Born to run' showcases the spirit of world's youngest marathon from Odisha – Watch
- Caught! Top model arrested in high-profile drug racket case — Know details
- Rs 40,000 crore Arunachal border road could be a liability, warns Indian Army
- Xiaomi Qicycle Electric Folding Bike: Features
- THIS Bollywood director has filed a defamation case against Kamaal R Khan! - Read more