Four militants nabbed in Guwahati
Guwahati: Four militants - three belonging
to the National Democratic Front of Bodoland (NDFB) and one of
Manipur`s Kangleipak Communist Party (KCP) have been arrested
by the Assam police here today, police said.
The three NDFB militants, belonging to the outfit`s
publicity wing, were arrested from Latasil area of the city.
The militants have been identified as Ponkha
Basumatary, Gaurav Boro and Parikshit Boro, sources said.
In another incident, a KCP militant, identified as S
Ramesh alias Ramen, was arrested by the police from
Paltanbazar area of the city.
The police recovered a computer and several documents
from the apprehended militant, sources added.
The police have stepped up search operations in the
city following intelligence reports that militant outfit`s,
particularly the NDFB, was planning to carry out subversive
activities in the run up to the Independence Day celebrations.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof