Four militants nabbed in Guwahati
Guwahati: Four militants - three belonging
to the National Democratic Front of Bodoland (NDFB) and one of
Manipur`s Kangleipak Communist Party (KCP) have been arrested
by the Assam police here today, police said.
The three NDFB militants, belonging to the outfit`s
publicity wing, were arrested from Latasil area of the city.
The militants have been identified as Ponkha
Basumatary, Gaurav Boro and Parikshit Boro, sources said.
In another incident, a KCP militant, identified as S
Ramesh alias Ramen, was arrested by the police from
Paltanbazar area of the city.
The police recovered a computer and several documents
from the apprehended militant, sources added.
The police have stepped up search operations in the
city following intelligence reports that militant outfit`s,
particularly the NDFB, was planning to carry out subversive
activities in the run up to the Independence Day celebrations.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results; women bag top four positions
- Islamic State trying to gain foothold in Pakistan-occupied Kashmir: Army
- Wimbledon: Novak Djokovic, Maria Sharapova cruise into last 16
- Five guerrillas, one soldier killed near LoC
- Facebook doesn't pose threat: YouTube