Four NLFT insurgents surrender
Agartala: Four insurgents of the outlawed
National Liberation Front of Tripura (NLFT) have surrendered
to Assam Rifles at Taidum in North Tripura district and
deposited arms, police said on Tuesday.
The ultras surrendered to Assam Rifles yesterday
during a search at Taidum, a remote and hill top tribal hamlet
in Kanchanpur sub-division of the district neighbouring
They deposited one AK-56 rifle, one SLR, one G-3
rifle, one 9 mm pistol and many live cartridges.
During interrogation, the ultras said they fled from
their base camp in Chittagong Hill Tract of Bangladesh
following search operation by the security forces there.
They said food and money crisis gripped the camp
inmates as the leaders were not paying salary to the cadre for
a long time.
Eight insurgents of the same group were arrested by
Assam Rifles on December 25 from Hamshapara in the
Altogether 365 insurgents of various outfits in the
state have surrendered to security forces last year.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Security guard beats woman journalist publicly in Pakistan
- Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; 7 Pak Rangers killed, BSF jawan injured
- ISIS terrorists escape Mosul disguised in women's clothing
- DNA: Analysing the existing poor condition of Indian education system
- DNA: Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; Seven Pak Rangers killed
- Navjot Singh Sidhu out on zero to Waqar Younis in 1990 – The match Kapil Sharma keeps talking about
- MS Dhoni reacts in astonishment as Axar Patel takes a stunning one-handed catch - VIDEO
- BSP shrugs off Rita Bahuguna 's jump; says BJP will still face defeat in UP polls
- MS Dhoni or Virat Kohli? Here's Virender Sehwag's best ever reply
- Sushant Singh Rajput’s former girlfriend Ankita Lokhande’s Karva Chauth photos will surprise you