Four NLFT insurgents surrender
Agartala: Four insurgents of the outlawed
National Liberation Front of Tripura (NLFT) have surrendered
to Assam Rifles at Taidum in North Tripura district and
deposited arms, police said on Tuesday.
The ultras surrendered to Assam Rifles yesterday
during a search at Taidum, a remote and hill top tribal hamlet
in Kanchanpur sub-division of the district neighbouring
They deposited one AK-56 rifle, one SLR, one G-3
rifle, one 9 mm pistol and many live cartridges.
During interrogation, the ultras said they fled from
their base camp in Chittagong Hill Tract of Bangladesh
following search operation by the security forces there.
They said food and money crisis gripped the camp
inmates as the leaders were not paying salary to the cadre for
a long time.
Eight insurgents of the same group were arrested by
Assam Rifles on December 25 from Hamshapara in the
Altogether 365 insurgents of various outfits in the
state have surrendered to security forces last year.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How to develop good communication skills for a successful life?
- Curfew lifted from 4 districts of Kashmir valley
- Recently launched Pokemon Go gaining extreme popularity among users
- Rajnath Singh meets J&K CM Mehbooba Mufti to discuss current situation in valley
- AAP MLA Amantulla Khan arrested for misbehaving with a woman
- 'Kaabil' an opportunity to establish myself commercially: Yami Gautam
- Pokemon Go mania causes international incident on US border
- What makes an online dater successful!
- Donald Trump asked to stop talking about Benghazi victims
- Under construction building collapses in Hyderabad, several labourers trapped