Four NLFT insurgents surrender
Agartala: Four insurgents of the outlawed
National Liberation Front of Tripura (NLFT) have surrendered
to Assam Rifles at Taidum in North Tripura district and
deposited arms, police said on Tuesday.
The ultras surrendered to Assam Rifles yesterday
during a search at Taidum, a remote and hill top tribal hamlet
in Kanchanpur sub-division of the district neighbouring
They deposited one AK-56 rifle, one SLR, one G-3
rifle, one 9 mm pistol and many live cartridges.
During interrogation, the ultras said they fled from
their base camp in Chittagong Hill Tract of Bangladesh
following search operation by the security forces there.
They said food and money crisis gripped the camp
inmates as the leaders were not paying salary to the cadre for
a long time.
Eight insurgents of the same group were arrested by
Assam Rifles on December 25 from Hamshapara in the
Altogether 365 insurgents of various outfits in the
state have surrendered to security forces last year.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- Raisina Dialogue 2017: Pakistan must walk away from terror, says PM Modi
- DNA: Analysis of insensitivity shown by political leaders over rising poverty in India
- Valour of a soldier: CRPF officer Satwant Singh fights Naxals till his last breath
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- China's NSG stand is neither fair nor transparent, says Defence Expert
- Bengaluru pips Silicon Valley to become world's most dynamic city