Four NLFT insurgents surrender
Agartala: Four insurgents of the outlawed
National Liberation Front of Tripura (NLFT) have surrendered
to Assam Rifles at Taidum in North Tripura district and
deposited arms, police said on Tuesday.
The ultras surrendered to Assam Rifles yesterday
during a search at Taidum, a remote and hill top tribal hamlet
in Kanchanpur sub-division of the district neighbouring
They deposited one AK-56 rifle, one SLR, one G-3
rifle, one 9 mm pistol and many live cartridges.
During interrogation, the ultras said they fled from
their base camp in Chittagong Hill Tract of Bangladesh
following search operation by the security forces there.
They said food and money crisis gripped the camp
inmates as the leaders were not paying salary to the cadre for
a long time.
Eight insurgents of the same group were arrested by
Assam Rifles on December 25 from Hamshapara in the
Altogether 365 insurgents of various outfits in the
state have surrendered to security forces last year.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on Vishal Dadlani's controversial tweet on Jain monk
- Panel discussion on Vishal Dadlani's controversial tweet on Jain monk - Part II
- Essel Group Chairman Dr Subhash Chandra honoured in Haryana
- Watch: Essel Group Chairman Dr Subhash Chandra addresses people of Haryana
- India successfully test fires futuristic Scramjet Rocket Engine
- Scrapping 15-year old vehicles: Draft policy to to be ready in a fortnight
- Just Awesome! WATCH KL Rahul score incredible ton against West Indies in just 46 balls
- Walking can cut cardiovascular death by half
- When Robert Vadra had verbal spat with BJP MLA Ganesh Joshi over police horse Shaktiman's death - ALL DETAILS HERE
- 'Those provoking youth in Kashmir for Jihaad have kept their children in safe havens'