Four NLFT surrender in Tripura after fleeing from Bangladesh
Agartala: Four insurgents of outlawed National Liberation Front of Tripura (NLFT), who fled from their hideouts in neighbouring Bangladesh, have surrendered to Assam Rifles in North Tripura district, the police said today.
The ultras identified as Parimal Debbarma, Mohan Kumar Koloi, Dayananda Tripura and Bibhas Tripura surrendered at the Assam Rifles camp at Anandabazar yesterday and deposited one carbine and one pistol.
The police said the ultras were involved in kidnapping and extortion.
During interrogation, the ultras said that their outfit was facing funds crunch as their operations were almost stopped due to deployment of Tripura State Rifles (TSR), a paramilitary force specially trained in anti-insurgency operations in strategic positions and proactive action of security forces in Bangladesh against them.
Tripura shares 856 km long border with Bangladesh.
On Sunday last, three ultras of the same outfit surrendered to BSF personnel at Sidhai BOP, a border outpost about 50 km from here, and laid down two AK-series rifles, one pistol and 200 cartridges.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Heart-wrenching reality of Kashmiri pandits
- DNA: Bengaluru's Mount Carmel college students show country's ideology to Rahul Gandhi
- Proud to be an Indian, no plans to leave the country, says Aamir Khan
- Rahul Gandhi's embarrassment in front of Bengaluru college students
- DNA: Aamir Khan clarifies his love towards nation but sticks to previous statement
- Intolerance issue: Proud to be Indian, won't leave country, says Aamir Khan
- Yuvraj Singh completes 8000 runs in first class cricket
- Eat smart to slow down ageing and increase longevity!
- Intolerance issue: Those attacking me are only proving my point, says Aamir Khan – Read full statement
- Woman commits suicide after heated discussion with husband over Aamir Khan's intolerance remark