Four NSCN(U) insurgents arrested in Arunachal
Itanagar: Security forces have arrested four insurgents of NSCN(U) from Tirap district of Arunachal Pradesh.
The rebels were arrested on Friday in a joint operation under the supervision of DGP S Nithianandam, AIGP (Establishment) Tusar Taba said in a statement here on Monday.
The arrested cadre have been identified as self-styled sergeant major Ahon Honwang Josak, S Vito Awomi (Minister), Lonwang H Lowang and Lokwang Khete.
While Ahon hails from Ahon village in Tirap district, Awomi hails form Dimapur in neighbouring Nagaland, Lonwang and Khete hail from Borduria village in Tirap district.
The security forces also recovered a huge cache of arms, ammunition and other incriminating goods from the arrested cadre.
A case has been registered at Khonsa police station, the statement said.
The security forces cordoned off the hideouts and carried out the operation early in the morning and succeeded in nabbing the four hardcore NSCN(U) cadre.
None of security forces were injured. On retaliatory fire by security forces, Ahon suffered bullet injury and was later evacuated to Assam Medical College at Dibrugarh in Assam.
The DGP, who was on a tour to Tirap and Changlang districts from June 4 to 7, monitored the operations and congratulated the team members for their exemplary courage shown and meticulous planning and execution of the joint operation.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Rajasthan: Gujjars revive reservation agitation, block rail track
- J Jayalalithaa sworn-in as Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Aspiring for more than what you have!
- ISIS to buy first nuclear weapon from Pak?
- Mumbai: CCTV captures assailant with gun at Film City
- Mathura SSP receives death threat letter, message for PM Modi
- BJP now central pole of Indian politics: Arun Jaitley
- Maharashtra FDA sends Maggi noodles for lab testing
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 7:30pm
- Reservation issue: Police register case against Bainsla, 20 others
- Haridwar: Hotel Radisson Blu sealed for polluting Ganga
- Delhi: Two killed in road accident in New Ashok Nagar
- Girl in Punjab's Pathankot quit studies for fear of eve-teasing
- Zee Media exclusive chat with 'Welcome to Karachi' cast
- Zee Media exclusive interview with Haryana CM Manohar Lal Khattar
- Goa Board SSC Exam Results 2015 announced
- ISIS close to buying nuclear weapon from Pakistan?
- Manohar Parrikar visits forward areas along LoC, reviews security situation
- Credibility of Prime Minister's Office restored by BJP, says Arun Jaitley
- ISIS justifies raping slave girls, says Michelle Obama is 'worth $40'
- IPL 2015 Final: Mumbai Indians vs Chennai Super Kings - Preview
- 'Unhappy' Celina Jaitley asks Sunny Leone to move out?
- Arvind Kejriwal to highlight AAP govt's 100 days work on Monday
- CBSE Results 2015: 10th board exam results to be declared on May 27
- BJP's plan for one-year celebration: 200 big rallies, 5,000 public meetings
- IPL 8 Final: We need to be at our best against Mumbai, says Michael Hussey
- Heatwave leaves 153 dead in Telangana, Andhra Pradesh
- IPL 2015 Final: MI vs CSK - As it happened...
- 'Tanu Weds Manu Returns' starts on a good note at the Box Office!