Four persons, including two Bangladeshis, arrested
Guwahati: Four persons, including two Bangladeshi drug peddlers and two Indian nationals, have been apprehended by BSF personnel in two different incidents along the Indo-Bangladesh border.
Patrolling BSF troops of Guwahati Frontier nabbed the Bangladeshi nationals from near the border at Choudhuryhat in Coochbehar district of West Bengal while they were on their way to receive two separate consignments of phensedyl and ganja yesterday, BSF sources said today.
The arrested duo has been identified as Ali Asraf and Md Dilbar Ali.
In another incident, BSF patrolling troops apprehended two Indian nationals while they were trying to enter the country yesterday after having gone to Bangladesh to visit relatives about two months back.
The arrested duo has been identified as 55-year old Dipendra Nath Roy and 25-year old Maina Das, both residents of Mainaguri village of Jalpaiguri district.
The apprehended persons were later handed over to police for necessary action, sources added.
- Amazing! School of fish drinks milk from bottle like human babies – Watch
- Delhi wants permanent Odd-Even, finds survey
- Now, BSF installs laser walls on Indo-Pak border to check infiltration: Reports
- Notice being served on those named in Panama Papers: Arun Jaitley
- CBI begins probe into Harish Rawat sting CD case