Four persons, including two Bangladeshis, arrested
Guwahati: Four persons, including two Bangladeshi drug peddlers and two Indian nationals, have been apprehended by BSF personnel in two different incidents along the Indo-Bangladesh border.
Patrolling BSF troops of Guwahati Frontier nabbed the Bangladeshi nationals from near the border at Choudhuryhat in Coochbehar district of West Bengal while they were on their way to receive two separate consignments of phensedyl and ganja yesterday, BSF sources said today.
The arrested duo has been identified as Ali Asraf and Md Dilbar Ali.
In another incident, BSF patrolling troops apprehended two Indian nationals while they were trying to enter the country yesterday after having gone to Bangladesh to visit relatives about two months back.
The arrested duo has been identified as 55-year old Dipendra Nath Roy and 25-year old Maina Das, both residents of Mainaguri village of Jalpaiguri district.
The apprehended persons were later handed over to police for necessary action, sources added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan
- Panel discussion over continuous chaos in Parliament on demonetisation
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan - Part II
- DNA: Know why Jayalalithaa was buried and not cremated
- 800 tourists stranded in Andamans due to heavy rains, Navy launches rescue operation
- Twitter users blast Arvind Kejriwal as he says 'Modi will never appoint a Muslim Vice President no matter what Jung does'
- Yuvraj Singh-Hazel Keech Reception: MS Dhoni, Sourav Ganguly, Virender Sehwag attend lavish party — PHOTOS INSIDE
- Pakistan International Airlines plane from Chitral to Islamabad crashes near Havelian, 48 people dead
- Gali Janardhana Reddy converted Rs 100 crore black money by paying 20% commission, claims driver's suicide note
- Was Rahul Gandhi smiling during Jayalalithaa's funeral? Twitter users share pictures as proof