Four poachers killed in Kaziranga National Park
Golaghat: Four poachers were killed by forest guards in the Kaziranga National Park in
Assam`s Golaghat district on Friday.
Park officials told a news agency that the acting on specific information forest guards surrounded the poachers between Mihimukh and Baghpara camps in Kohora range of the Park this morning and an encounter followed in which the four poachers were killed.
A .303 rifle was recovered from the possession of slain poachers.
Kaziranga Jeep Safari organisation has announced a special award for the six forest guards involved in the encounter and the subsequent killing of the poachers.
Seven poachers, including a retired forest guard, were arrested on May 18, exposing a nexus between a section of forest guards and poachers.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Nitish suspends Cabinet Minister Kushwaha over alleged sting operation
- Watch: PM Modi delivers speech at Mumbai Metro Phase-II inauguration
- Shiv Sena spills ink on ORF chairperson Sudheendra Kulkarni's face
- Panel discussion on the controversial sacking of Asim Ahmed Khan from AAP
- Haryana minister Krishan Bedi mocks Modi's 'Swachh Bharat Abhiyan'
- ISL 2015: Atletico de Kolkata vs Kerala Blasters - Preview
- Watch: How smartly this woman steals smartphone, walks away with it
- India vs South Africa: MS Dhoni disappointed about 'gamble' not paying off
- Aarushi Talwar's grandfather breaks silence, writes open letter – Read
- Invoking Ambedkar's legacy, PM Modi says no rethink on quotas as Sena boycotts his events in Mumbai