Four poachers killed in Kaziranga National Park
Golaghat: Four poachers were killed by forest guards in the Kaziranga National Park in
Assam`s Golaghat district on Friday.
Park officials told a news agency that the acting on specific information forest guards surrounded the poachers between Mihimukh and Baghpara camps in Kohora range of the Park this morning and an encounter followed in which the four poachers were killed.
A .303 rifle was recovered from the possession of slain poachers.
Kaziranga Jeep Safari organisation has announced a special award for the six forest guards involved in the encounter and the subsequent killing of the poachers.
Seven poachers, including a retired forest guard, were arrested on May 18, exposing a nexus between a section of forest guards and poachers.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Admissions 2015: Know India's best ranking Universities
- Zee Media Exclusive interview with UPSC topper Ira Singhal's family
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results
- Watch: Top 25 Headlines @ 12 pm
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Is Corporate Social Responsibility nothing but a marketing gimmick?
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results; women bag top four positions
- 3rd Test, Day 2: Sri Lanka rattle Pakistan in decider
- Met Dawood Ibrahim in London, he wanted to return to India: Ram Jethmalani
- Dawood Ibrahim's surrender offer rejected due to a 'condition', clarifies Sharad Pawar
- Vyapam scam: MP medical college dean found dead in hotel, body sent for post-mortem