Four poachers killed in Kaziranga National Park
Golaghat: Four poachers were killed by forest guards in the Kaziranga National Park in
Assam`s Golaghat district on Friday.
Park officials told a news agency that the acting on specific information forest guards surrounded the poachers between Mihimukh and Baghpara camps in Kohora range of the Park this morning and an encounter followed in which the four poachers were killed.
A .303 rifle was recovered from the possession of slain poachers.
Kaziranga Jeep Safari organisation has announced a special award for the six forest guards involved in the encounter and the subsequent killing of the poachers.
Seven poachers, including a retired forest guard, were arrested on May 18, exposing a nexus between a section of forest guards and poachers.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath takes 50 decisions without single Cabinet meet
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath reviews Gomti riverfront work
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath warns supporters of criminals, mafia
- Legal, illegal slaughterhouses in UP: What you need to know
- Triple talaq, polygamy integral part of Islam: AIMPLB tells SC
- Azam Khan demands ban on cow slaughter across India, says Muslims should stop eating beef
- Kapil Sharma–Sunil Grover fallout: Kiku Sharda finally breaks silence
- Sunil Grover to return as Dr Mashoor Gulati!
- Asaduddin Owaisi asks Centre to clarify policy on buffalo meat export, Nirmala Sitharaman gives apt reply
- No ban on cow slaughter in three Northeast states if party comes to power next year: BJP