Four poachers killed in Kaziranga National Park
Golaghat: Four poachers were killed by forest guards in the Kaziranga National Park in
Assam`s Golaghat district on Friday.
Park officials told a news agency that the acting on specific information forest guards surrounded the poachers between Mihimukh and Baghpara camps in Kohora range of the Park this morning and an encounter followed in which the four poachers were killed.
A .303 rifle was recovered from the possession of slain poachers.
Kaziranga Jeep Safari organisation has announced a special award for the six forest guards involved in the encounter and the subsequent killing of the poachers.
Seven poachers, including a retired forest guard, were arrested on May 18, exposing a nexus between a section of forest guards and poachers.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- BSF cancels beating the retreat ceremony at Wagah post surgical strikes
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’
- Did Arvind Kejriwal tweet in favour of Pakistan over Uri attacks? Here is what Twitter says