Four rapists sent to jail in Imphal
Imphal: Four persons, including two from the
Indian Reserve Battalion (IRB), who had allegedly abducted and raped a tribal woman have been sent to jail.
The four were tried and sent to judicial custody
yesterday by the chief judicial magistrate of Bishenpur district.
The four, including two IRB personnel were identified as havildar Chungkham Ibomcha (37) and IRB rifleman K Keneday
(38) and their two friends, S Bijen (38) and L Rohit (28).
The four are accused of abducting and raping the tribal
in the hilly Tamenglong district when she was going to sell
her vegetables on March 22.
Various social organisations including major social
organisation All Manipur United Clubs Organisation (AMUCO)
have been demanding strict punishment for the accused.
Major insurgent organisation United National Liberation
Front has said that they would give extreme punishment to the
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- China condemns Pakistan over Uri terror attack
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- DNA: Analysis over who is responsible for tense condition of Kashmir after Burhan Wani's death?
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- Congress workers thrash students for showing black flags to Rahul Gandhi in Raebareli
- Uri attack: Israel ready to help India with cutting-edge technology to secure borders
- India's Rafale vs Pakistan's F-16: Why the French fighter jet is the best choice for dogfight
- MNS ultimatum to Pakistani actors: Leave India in 48-hour deadline
- All you need to know about Reliance JioFi at Rs 1,999 – use free data till December 31