Four rapists sent to jail in Imphal
Imphal: Four persons, including two from the
Indian Reserve Battalion (IRB), who had allegedly abducted and raped a tribal woman have been sent to jail.
The four were tried and sent to judicial custody
yesterday by the chief judicial magistrate of Bishenpur district.
The four, including two IRB personnel were identified as havildar Chungkham Ibomcha (37) and IRB rifleman K Keneday
(38) and their two friends, S Bijen (38) and L Rohit (28).
The four are accused of abducting and raping the tribal
in the hilly Tamenglong district when she was going to sell
her vegetables on March 22.
Various social organisations including major social
organisation All Manipur United Clubs Organisation (AMUCO)
have been demanding strict punishment for the accused.
Major insurgent organisation United National Liberation
Front has said that they would give extreme punishment to the
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Video: India won't tolerate disrespect to national anthem – this Mumbai family learnt it the hard way
- Watch: Boy dies after falling from a Mumbai local train – video maker is guilty too!
- Had Sardar Patel become PM, India would have been another Pakistan, says Kancha Ilaiah
- Watch: ISIS terrorist blown into pieces while bragging about his previous victory
- Shocking! World Cup winning cricketer forced to sell 'kachoris' to make a living