Four rapists sent to jail in Imphal
Imphal: Four persons, including two from the
Indian Reserve Battalion (IRB), who had allegedly abducted and raped a tribal woman have been sent to jail.
The four were tried and sent to judicial custody
yesterday by the chief judicial magistrate of Bishenpur district.
The four, including two IRB personnel were identified as havildar Chungkham Ibomcha (37) and IRB rifleman K Keneday
(38) and their two friends, S Bijen (38) and L Rohit (28).
The four are accused of abducting and raping the tribal
in the hilly Tamenglong district when she was going to sell
her vegetables on March 22.
Various social organisations including major social
organisation All Manipur United Clubs Organisation (AMUCO)
have been demanding strict punishment for the accused.
Major insurgent organisation United National Liberation
Front has said that they would give extreme punishment to the
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sachin Tendulkar joins Narendra Modi's #SelfieWithDaughter campaign
- Madrasas that do not teach primary subjects to be considered 'non-schools', says Maharashtra govt
- BJP MP Hema Malini injured, one child killed in Dausa road accident
- PMO seeks report on Air India flights delayed by 'VIPs' Rijiju, Fadnavis
- Dausa car crash: Hema Malini injured, child killed; MP's driver booked for over speeding