Four rapists sent to jail in Imphal
Imphal: Four persons, including two from the
Indian Reserve Battalion (IRB), who had allegedly abducted and raped a tribal woman have been sent to jail.
The four were tried and sent to judicial custody
yesterday by the chief judicial magistrate of Bishenpur district.
The four, including two IRB personnel were identified as havildar Chungkham Ibomcha (37) and IRB rifleman K Keneday
(38) and their two friends, S Bijen (38) and L Rohit (28).
The four are accused of abducting and raping the tribal
in the hilly Tamenglong district when she was going to sell
her vegetables on March 22.
Various social organisations including major social
organisation All Manipur United Clubs Organisation (AMUCO)
have been demanding strict punishment for the accused.
Major insurgent organisation United National Liberation
Front has said that they would give extreme punishment to the
- Will reality of AgustaWestland scam be revealed?
- Will reality of AgustaWestland scam be revealed? - Part II
- Will reality of AgustaWestland scam be revealed? - Part III
- Will reality of AgustaWestland scam be revealed? - Part IV
- Why is "Make in India" given more importance than people dying of hunger?
- Happy flying! Air tickets of 1-hour flights could cost just Rs 2,500
- DHSE Kerala HSC (+2) Result 2016: Keralaresults.nic.in Class 12th Plus two Result 2016 Kerala Board is likely to be declared on May 9, 2016
- Time flies! Emraan Hashmi reminisces four years of 'Jannat 2'
- Russia says bolstering forces to counter NATO
- Structural reforms needed to put India on faster growth path