Four sentenced for gang-rape of woman in Nagaland
Kohima: Four persons have been sentenced by a court in Dimapur for gang-raping a woman last year.
The Dimapur District and Session Judge, S Hukato Swu yesterday sentenced three persons to 15 years rigorous imprisonment for the gang-rape of the woman.
Another person who did not commit rape but acted with the common intention was awarded 10-years rigorous imprisonment by the District and Sessions Judge.
However, the prime accused, Manik Ali who incited the attack on the victim`s husband before rape was committed, is still absconding.
The 23-year old Naga woman was gang-raped by five immigrants on February 7, 2012 while returning home with her husband.
The husband was physically assaulted but managed to flee and inform the nearby colony residents.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Jharkhand: 2 dead, several injured in clashes between police, villagers in Ramgarh
- Delhi minister meets Jain monk over Vishal Dadlani tweet controversy
- One killed in annual bull racing in Peru
- 16-year-old Indian-origin boy finds cure for breast cancer treatment
- Heartbreaking! Denied medical help, 12-year-old UP boy dies on dad's shoulder
- New Zealand to keep trialling day-night first-class cricket
- Delhi sex racket busted: Girls confined in almirahs; forced to sleep with clients in cubicles
- SMASH HIT: Akshay Kumar's 'Rustom' is still ruling the Box Office! – Details inside
- Yogeshwar Dutt's Bronze to be upgraded to Silver: Virender Sehwag expresses excitement with HILARIOUS tweet
- Rahul Gandhi on three-day visit to Amethi from Wednesday