Four sentenced for gang-rape of woman in Nagaland
Kohima: Four persons have been sentenced by a court in Dimapur for gang-raping a woman last year.
The Dimapur District and Session Judge, S Hukato Swu yesterday sentenced three persons to 15 years rigorous imprisonment for the gang-rape of the woman.
Another person who did not commit rape but acted with the common intention was awarded 10-years rigorous imprisonment by the District and Sessions Judge.
However, the prime accused, Manik Ali who incited the attack on the victim`s husband before rape was committed, is still absconding.
The 23-year old Naga woman was gang-raped by five immigrants on February 7, 2012 while returning home with her husband.
The husband was physically assaulted but managed to flee and inform the nearby colony residents.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Top wrestler Narsingh fails dope test, may miss Olympics
- UP: At least 7 children killed as school van collides with train in Bhadohi
- Rajasthan HC acquits Salman Khan in two chinkara poaching cases
- Watch - Moment of Kabul suicide blast caught on camera
- Devotees throng Lord Shiva temples to celebrate first Monday of 'Saawan'
- UK warns of Brexit `shadow` on world economy
- 1st Test: Virat Kohli, R Ashwin shine as India thrash West Indies by innings and 92 runs
- Teenage friend of Munich gunman arrested: police
- 11 injured in blast in German city of Ansbach; suspected bomber killed in explosion
- Scoreboard: India vs West Indies, First Test