Four sentenced for gang-rape of woman in Nagaland
Kohima: Four persons have been sentenced by a court in Dimapur for gang-raping a woman last year.
The Dimapur District and Session Judge, S Hukato Swu yesterday sentenced three persons to 15 years rigorous imprisonment for the gang-rape of the woman.
Another person who did not commit rape but acted with the common intention was awarded 10-years rigorous imprisonment by the District and Sessions Judge.
However, the prime accused, Manik Ali who incited the attack on the victim`s husband before rape was committed, is still absconding.
The 23-year old Naga woman was gang-raped by five immigrants on February 7, 2012 while returning home with her husband.
The husband was physically assaulted but managed to flee and inform the nearby colony residents.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- Call up this number and get Reliance Jio's SIM for sure
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- If you have guts, send your suicide bombers to Pakistan: Samajwadi Party to MNS' Raj Thackeray
- Govt calls meet on Indus Water Treaty; Water Resources Ministry, MEA to brief PM Modi