Four suspected ISI agents arrested from Agartala
Agartala: Four suspected ISI agents were
today arrested from the Agartala Airport for not carrying
valid documents, officials said on Wednesday.
The security at the airport was alerted following a
tip-off that few suspected people had boarded a Spice Jet
Airways flight from the Kolkata airport.
"When the flight landed at Agartala last evening,
sleuths of Special Branch (SB) carried out verification of
passengers and found that four Bangladeshi nationals didn`t
have passports or valid documents," said B K Roy, DIG (Range).
After preliminary grilling, the four Bangladeshi
nationals - Md Nurmin (30), Naruttin Amin Kazi (32) of Feni
district, Kalam Shikh (28) of Noakhali, Farooq Sheikh (45) of
Chandpur district were taken to Airport police station last
During interrogation, they admitted that they had gone
to Mumbai through the West Bengal border and were returning to
Bangladesh through Agartala, said the DIG.
They were arrested for violating the Indian Passport
Act and subsequently forwarded to the court seeking police
remand for further interrogation.
"It is not yet clear that why they had gone to Mumbai.
Thorough interrogation is needed to check whether they have
any link with the ISI or anti-national elements," he said.
Earlier, an ISI operative Abdul Momin, trained by the
Pakistanti intelligence agency, was arrested by police and BSF
from Melagarh area in West Tripura district. Subsequently five
more were also netted.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Maysore Maharaja Yaduveer ties knot with princess Trishika of Dungarpur
- India becomes full member of Missile Technology Control Regime
- Singapore Airlines plane catches fire at Changi Airport
- Govt's insensitivity towards Pampore terror attack martyrs leaves nation stunned
- Mysore Maharaja Yaduveer Wadiar ties knot with princess Trishika Singh of Dungarpur, Rajasthan
- NSG collapse Modi Govt's "biggest foreign policy failure'', says JDU
- Premier League: Clubs hope transfers don't take Brexit pounding
- From Modi to Obama, know which smartphones are used by top world leaders
- Rajnath Singh told by JD(U): Nothing will happen with verbal warnings
- Euro 2016: After 4-0 rout vs Hungary, Eden Hazard can't wait for Wales in quarters