Four suspected ISI agents arrested from Agartala
Agartala: Four suspected ISI agents were
today arrested from the Agartala Airport for not carrying
valid documents, officials said on Wednesday.
The security at the airport was alerted following a
tip-off that few suspected people had boarded a Spice Jet
Airways flight from the Kolkata airport.
"When the flight landed at Agartala last evening,
sleuths of Special Branch (SB) carried out verification of
passengers and found that four Bangladeshi nationals didn`t
have passports or valid documents," said B K Roy, DIG (Range).
After preliminary grilling, the four Bangladeshi
nationals - Md Nurmin (30), Naruttin Amin Kazi (32) of Feni
district, Kalam Shikh (28) of Noakhali, Farooq Sheikh (45) of
Chandpur district were taken to Airport police station last
During interrogation, they admitted that they had gone
to Mumbai through the West Bengal border and were returning to
Bangladesh through Agartala, said the DIG.
They were arrested for violating the Indian Passport
Act and subsequently forwarded to the court seeking police
remand for further interrogation.
"It is not yet clear that why they had gone to Mumbai.
Thorough interrogation is needed to check whether they have
any link with the ISI or anti-national elements," he said.
Earlier, an ISI operative Abdul Momin, trained by the
Pakistanti intelligence agency, was arrested by police and BSF
from Melagarh area in West Tripura district. Subsequently five
more were also netted.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Trump-Sharif conversation: Team Donald denies Pakistan's claims
- Aware of Chinese submarine deployment at Balochistan's Gwadar port, says Navy chief
- Like SAARC, should India boycott Pak in Heart of Asia conference?
- 'Heart of Asia' Conference begins in Amritsar; Sartaj Aziz to pay a visit on Sunday
- Panel discussion over Mamata Banerjee's false allegations on Indian Army for political gains
- Gujarat businessman declares highest ever black money amount – Rs 13,000 crore!
- Army proves Mamata Banerjee wrong, releases letter showing West Bengal govt knew of exercise
- Rs 14,000 crore default case: Gujarat businessman detained, says money belongs to politicians, babus
- Newly-wed couple Yuvraj Singh and Hazel Keech perform `bhangra` at Goa airport – Viral video
- Gujarat man who disclosed Rs 14,000 crore unaccounted wealth goes missing