Fourteen children die of viral fever in Tripura
Kanchanpur: At least 14 children have died of Acquired Respiratory Infection (ARI), a kind of viral fever, in the tribal hamlet of Chhota Kangrai and its neighbouring villages in North Tripura district in the last 20 days, official sources said Thursday.
Sub-divisional Medical Officer Subrata Roy said 14 children died at Chhota Kangrai, Bara Kangrai, Paschim Kangrai and Dhananjoypara due to the fever but the situation was now under control.
"Following receipt of information of deaths, we are organizing regular health camps in the areas and the patients are responding well to the medicines distributed by our
medical teams," Roy informed reporters.
He said the health teams have examined more than hundred slides of blood samples and ascertained that the disease was ARI and not malaria.
Sub-divisional Magistrate of Kanchanpur D.K Chakma said the tribals, mostly from the primitive Reang community, did not inform the authorities about the deaths, otherwise the health camps could have been organized earlier.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Heart-wrenching reality of Kashmiri pandits
- DNA: Bengaluru's Mount Carmel college students show country's ideology to Rahul Gandhi
- Proud to be an Indian, no plans to leave the country, says Aamir Khan
- Rahul Gandhi's embarrassment in front of Bengaluru college students
- DNA: Aamir Khan clarifies his love towards nation but sticks to previous statement
- Yuvraj Singh completes 8000 runs in first class cricket
- Eat smart to slow down ageing and increase longevity!
- Intolerance issue: Those attacking me are only proving my point, says Aamir Khan – Read full statement
- Woman commits suicide after heated discussion with husband over Aamir Khan's intolerance remark
- Delhi gang-rape: Show juvenile rapist's face to the world, demand Nirbhaya's parents