Fresh water dolphin found dead in Agartala
Agartala: A fresh water dolphin was found dead from the banks of the river Gomati in South Tripura district, officials said on Wednesday.
Villager Abul Kasem spotted the dolphin weighing about 200 kg yesterday after which a team from the forest department
took away the carcass.
The dolphin might have swum down the backwater from river Padma in Bangladesh and died here due to lower water
level, Chief Wildlife Warden Dr A K Gupta said.
This is for the first that the mammal species was found in a Tripura river.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Nuke programme made Pakistan's defence impregnable: Nawaz Sharif
- Indian Army now confirms Hizbul Mujahideen militant Tariq Pandit held
- Kepler 62f: An exoplanet 1200 light years away may be habitable!
- UEFA Champions League final: Five classic Real Madrid-Atletico Madrid derbies
- 'Potassium bromate not allowed as additive in packaged water'