Fresh water dolphin found dead in Agartala
Agartala: A fresh water dolphin was found dead from the banks of the river Gomati in South Tripura district, officials said on Wednesday.
Villager Abul Kasem spotted the dolphin weighing about 200 kg yesterday after which a team from the forest department
took away the carcass.
The dolphin might have swum down the backwater from river Padma in Bangladesh and died here due to lower water
level, Chief Wildlife Warden Dr A K Gupta said.
This is for the first that the mammal species was found in a Tripura river.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi: Taxi driver dies as BMW rams into car near IIT
- Train accident in Andhra Pradesh leaves many people dead
- UP Assembly Elections: Akhilesh Yadav releases party's manifesto
- UP elections: Rajnath Singh's Son, Rita Bahuguna Joshi in BJP second list of candidates
- Is Pakistan behind increasing train accidents in India?
- Jallikattu stir: As it happened on Monday
- Naresh Agrawal breaks silence on leaving Akhilesh Yadav-led Samajwadi Party and joining BJP
- India vs England, 3rd ODI: MS Dhoni felicitated at Eden Gardens — VIDEOS INSIDE
- International Space Station – When, where and how to spot ISS
- Flying Jadeja: MS Dhoni, Virat Kohli floored by Ravindra Jadeja's brilliant fielding effort – WATCH