Fresh water dolphin found dead in Agartala
Agartala: A fresh water dolphin was found dead from the banks of the river Gomati in South Tripura district, officials said on Wednesday.
Villager Abul Kasem spotted the dolphin weighing about 200 kg yesterday after which a team from the forest department
took away the carcass.
The dolphin might have swum down the backwater from river Padma in Bangladesh and died here due to lower water
level, Chief Wildlife Warden Dr A K Gupta said.
This is for the first that the mammal species was found in a Tripura river.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Why is Akhilesh Yadav encouraging dishonesty for votes?
- Is Akhilesh Yadav seeking votes based on development made by Modi govt?
- 15-year old girl stabbed to death in Mumbai
- DU Student Clash : Confrontation among students becomes sensitive, AISA to carry flag march today
- UP polls: Polling for fifth phase of Assembly elections today
- Virender Sehwag's reply to Kargil martyr's daughter has taken the Internet by storm
- Muslims should be cremated, there's no space to bury 20 cr people: BJP MP Sakshi Maharaj
- Gurmehar Kaur reacts to Virender Sehwag's tweet, says she is heart broken!
- Gurmehar Kaur row: Girl who got 'Shiva stole' gift from PM Narendra Modi says she got rape threat from Congress politician
- Yogeshwar Dutt takes a dig at Javed Akhtar after being called 'a hardly literate wrestler'