Funeral of Sangma`s niece held in Meghalaya
Shillong: Meghalaya Chief Minister Mukul Sangma`s niece Dana Silva M Sangma who had killed herself two days ago in Noida, was on Thursday buried at her home town Tura in West Garo Hills district of the state.
The simple Christian funeral ceremony was attended by Sangma who amidst sorrow and tears mourned the "untimely" death of Dana.
The 21 year-old MBA student of Amity University committed suicide at her hostel room day before yesterday in Noida.
Sangma alleged the university authorities had "pushed the girl to the wall to take the extreme step of taking her own life".
Dana family members have lodged an FIR with the police seeking stringent legal action under the atrocities against SC/ST against the university authorities for "discriminating" against Dana.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 11-year old Odisha boy to get football training at Bayern Munich in Germany
- China warns India against deploying BrahMos cruise missile in Arunachal Pradesh
- One killed in TV channel office attack in Karachi
- Gujarat: Journalist working for local daily found dead in his Junagadh office
- Watch: How floods throw normal life out of gear across country
- Saif Ali Khan finds Kareena Kapoor very sexy in 'Yeh Mera Dil' song
- Donald Trump demands special prosecutor to probe Hillary Clinton allegations
- Assam BJP leader's son kidnapped, ULFA releases ISIS-style video
- Amazon working on music subscription service for $5 a month
- Outstanding! Akshay Kumar's 'Rustom' is unstoppable at the Box Office – Read more