Funeral of Sangma`s niece held in Meghalaya
Shillong: Meghalaya Chief Minister Mukul Sangma`s niece Dana Silva M Sangma who had killed herself two days ago in Noida, was on Thursday buried at her home town Tura in West Garo Hills district of the state.
The simple Christian funeral ceremony was attended by Sangma who amidst sorrow and tears mourned the "untimely" death of Dana.
The 21 year-old MBA student of Amity University committed suicide at her hostel room day before yesterday in Noida.
Sangma alleged the university authorities had "pushed the girl to the wall to take the extreme step of taking her own life".
Dana family members have lodged an FIR with the police seeking stringent legal action under the atrocities against SC/ST against the university authorities for "discriminating" against Dana.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'Baahubali' becomes first non-Hindi film to cross Rs 500 crore
- Ban on internet porn: Here's why it is impossible
- 'Bajrangi Bhaijaan' impact: Govt agrees to help deaf-and-dumb Indian girl stranded in Pakistan
- Govt doesn't want you to even watch porn in private, blocks over 800 sites
- Personality check: What is the colour of your eyes?