Garo militant group chairman gunned down
Shillong: Nikson G Momin, the self-styled `chairman` of Garo militant outfit Liberation Achik Elite Force (LAEF), was killed in an encounter with security forces in Meghalaya’s East Garo Hills district.
"A fierce encounter took place at Darugree at about 3 am in which Nikson alias Dilkam and his personal security officer Rakpat were killed by a special police team," Chief
Minister Mukul Sangma said.
Two pistols, a grenade and some documents were found from the slain rebels, he said in the Assembly.
The group has been engaged in extortion and kidnappings in the Garo hills.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA : When will Indian govt take strong actions against terrorism?
- Drunk girl assaults Mumbai police in Worli
- Arun Jaitley upset with Subramaniam Swami's Twitter attack
- Bombay HC to pronounce verdict on entry of woman to Haji Ali Dargah today
- DNA: When will Indian govt take strong actions against terrorism? - Part II
- Lionel Messi retirement: Argentine president, Diego Maradona ask him not to quit
- Global stocks extend losses, sterling near 30-year lows in Brexit aftermath
- Gunbattle breaks out between security forces, militants in J&K's Kupwara
- American Senator wants US to stop issuing visas to Indians
- Kareena Kapoor Khan looks unapologetically sexy on the cover of Vogue India – See pic