Garo militant group chairman gunned down
Shillong: Nikson G Momin, the self-styled `chairman` of Garo militant outfit Liberation Achik Elite Force (LAEF), was killed in an encounter with security forces in Meghalaya’s East Garo Hills district.
"A fierce encounter took place at Darugree at about 3 am in which Nikson alias Dilkam and his personal security officer Rakpat were killed by a special police team," Chief
Minister Mukul Sangma said.
Two pistols, a grenade and some documents were found from the slain rebels, he said in the Assembly.
The group has been engaged in extortion and kidnappings in the Garo hills.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Virat Kohli, Anushka Sharma announce their break-up officially: Report
- Awkward! Watch Aditi Rao Hydari speaks about Farhan Akhtar’s divorce!
- Shahi Imam meets PM Modi, demands innocent Muslims must not be harassed in name of fighting ISIS
- 12 men rape British teen girl for over 13 months; slapped with 140 years in jail
- Mahendra Singh Dhoni: I allow bowlers to set the field in T20 cricket