Garo militant group chairman gunned down
Shillong: Nikson G Momin, the self-styled `chairman` of Garo militant outfit Liberation Achik Elite Force (LAEF), was killed in an encounter with security forces in Meghalaya’s East Garo Hills district.
"A fierce encounter took place at Darugree at about 3 am in which Nikson alias Dilkam and his personal security officer Rakpat were killed by a special police team," Chief
Minister Mukul Sangma said.
Two pistols, a grenade and some documents were found from the slain rebels, he said in the Assembly.
The group has been engaged in extortion and kidnappings in the Garo hills.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Why is Akhilesh Yadav encouraging dishonesty for votes?
- Is Akhilesh Yadav seeking votes based on development made by Modi govt?
- UP polls: Polling for fifth phase of Assembly elections today
- Report: Are mobile smartphones more unhygienic than toilet seats?
- UP polls: PM Modi addresses public rally in Mau
- Virender Sehwag's reply to Kargil martyr's daughter has taken the Internet by storm
- Ind vs Aus: Mohammed Azharuddin says Jayant Yadav and Ishant Sharma should be replaced in next Test
- Indian doctor rescued from ISIS recounts horror, says 'they forced me to watch videos, shot me thrice'
- Gurmehar Kaur reacts to Virender Sehwag's tweet, says she is heart broken!
- WATCH: MS Dhoni rips apart bowlers to smash brilliant 129-run knock in Vijay Hazare Trophy