Gauhati HC notice to Arunachal govt on appointment of judicial magistrate
Itanagar: The Gauhati High Court has served a show cause notice to the Arunachal Pradesh government on the appointment of Talo Potom as the state capital`s first class judicial magistrate who also holds the post of chief estate officer.
Acting on a writ petition, Justice I Shah of Itanagar bench yesterday issued notice to the state government returnable within three weeks.
Techi Hitler filed the petition on November 4 challenging appointment and conferment of power of first class judicial magistrate, chief estate officer and additional district magistrate to Potom.
The petitioner has questioned Potom`s appointment saying it was in violation of the Article 234 and 235 of the Constitution, Arunachal Pradesh Judicial Services Rules, 2006, and Section 11 of the Code of Criminal Procedure.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Another Pakistani terrorist Sajjad Ahmed caught alive in Jammu and Kashmir
- Shocking CCTV footage of a woman assaulting her mother-in-law
- DNA: Sad reality behind the shutting down of the historic Gita Press
- Mumbai police to probe if RK Singh's claims on Dawood Ibrahim substantiated
- Sonakshi Sinha apologises to Sarabjit, accused in Tilak Nagar case
- Shocking update in Sheena Bora case: Indrani Mukerjea was sexually molested by her father?
- Sheena Bora was introduced to me as aunt: Indrani Mukerjea-Sanjeev Khanna's daughter Vidhie
- Indrani's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna confesses to police he was involved in Sheena's murder
- Shocking revelation! Indrani Mukherjea's daughter Sheena Bora was pregnant
- When Peter Mukherjea met and fell madly in love with Indrani