Gauhati HC notice to Arunachal govt on appointment of judicial magistrate
Itanagar: The Gauhati High Court has served a show cause notice to the Arunachal Pradesh government on the appointment of Talo Potom as the state capital`s first class judicial magistrate who also holds the post of chief estate officer.
Acting on a writ petition, Justice I Shah of Itanagar bench yesterday issued notice to the state government returnable within three weeks.
Techi Hitler filed the petition on November 4 challenging appointment and conferment of power of first class judicial magistrate, chief estate officer and additional district magistrate to Potom.
The petitioner has questioned Potom`s appointment saying it was in violation of the Article 234 and 235 of the Constitution, Arunachal Pradesh Judicial Services Rules, 2006, and Section 11 of the Code of Criminal Procedure.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- Barack Obama thanks Americans for making him a 'better man'
- Is there no respect for Congress in UP politics?
- Accused of Muslim-bias on visa applications, Sushma Swaraj hits back
- Cuttack ODI: Umpire Kumar Dharmasena messes up DRS review, twitter couldn't stop trolling
- Donald Trump's Inauguration Day: As it happened
- Yuvraj Singh's wife Hazel Keech suggests new middle name for hubby Yuvi following Cuttack heroics
- Virat Kohli vs Sachin Tendulkar: Who is a better cricketer? Read what Virender Sehwag has to say