Gauhati HC notice to Arunachal govt on appointment of judicial magistrate
Itanagar: The Gauhati High Court has served a show cause notice to the Arunachal Pradesh government on the appointment of Talo Potom as the state capital`s first class judicial magistrate who also holds the post of chief estate officer.
Acting on a writ petition, Justice I Shah of Itanagar bench yesterday issued notice to the state government returnable within three weeks.
Techi Hitler filed the petition on November 4 challenging appointment and conferment of power of first class judicial magistrate, chief estate officer and additional district magistrate to Potom.
The petitioner has questioned Potom`s appointment saying it was in violation of the Article 234 and 235 of the Constitution, Arunachal Pradesh Judicial Services Rules, 2006, and Section 11 of the Code of Criminal Procedure.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'Give up terrorism and let’s talk', Sushma Swaraj's reply to Nawaz Sharif at UNGA
- Lalu Yadav attacks PM Modi over Mahatma Gandhi's assassination
- Whole world is worried about global warming and climate change, says PM Modi
- Bihar will celebrate two Diwalis in 2015, one will be after poll results: Modi
- Is Mahatma Gandhi's name slowly fading away from the minds of the youth?
- World can now see consequences of Pakistan occupation in PoK: India
- Watch: Unbelievable! Kapil Sharma thrown out of Aishwarya Rai’s vanity van
- 1st T20: India vs South Africa – Players to watch out for
- Know who replaced Katrina Kaif in film opposite Jackie Chan
- ISL 2015: Chennaiyin FC vs Atletico de Kolkata - Preview