Gauhati HC upholds ASEB`s order cancelling contract
Guwahati: The Gauhati High Court on Thursday
upheld the order passed by the Chairman of Assam State
Electricity Board (ASEB) cancelling the contract given to three
private companies for furnishing fake bank guarantee amounting
to Rs 33.51 crore.
A Division Bench comprising Justice Ranjan Gogoi
and Justice B P Katakey passed a judgement upholding the May
13, 2009 order of the Chairman whereby the work order issued
in favour of M/S Win Power Marketing Private Limited, M/S
Fatehpuria Transformers and Switchgears Private Limited and
M/S Win Power Marketing Private limited was cancelled due to
submission of fake bank guarantee.
The companies were awarded work orders to the tune of
Rs 100 crore for electrification of unelectrified villages
under the programme of Bharat Nirman launched and funded by
After issuance of the work orders, the ASEB authorities
found that bank guarantee amounting to Rs 33.51 crore
submitted by the firms was fake and accordingly the work
orders were cancelled.
The Court after hearing the Writ appeals upheld the
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Admissions 2015: Know India's best ranking Universities
- Yasin Bhatkal calls wife from Hyderabad jail, talks of 'help from Damascus'
- Zee Media Exclusive interview with UPSC topper Ira Singhal's family
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Is Corporate Social Responsibility nothing but a marketing gimmick?
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results; women bag top four positions
- Five guerrillas, one soldier killed near LoC
- 3rd Test, Day 2: Sri Lanka rattle Pakistan in decider
- Indian Mujahideen chief Yasin Bhatkal indicates Islamic State will help him get out of jail soon
- Missing UK schoolgirls seen carrying Kalashnikov rifle in ISIS's Raqqa?