Gauhati HC upholds ASEB`s order cancelling contract
Guwahati: The Gauhati High Court on Thursday
upheld the order passed by the Chairman of Assam State
Electricity Board (ASEB) cancelling the contract given to three
private companies for furnishing fake bank guarantee amounting
to Rs 33.51 crore.
A Division Bench comprising Justice Ranjan Gogoi
and Justice B P Katakey passed a judgement upholding the May
13, 2009 order of the Chairman whereby the work order issued
in favour of M/S Win Power Marketing Private Limited, M/S
Fatehpuria Transformers and Switchgears Private Limited and
M/S Win Power Marketing Private limited was cancelled due to
submission of fake bank guarantee.
The companies were awarded work orders to the tune of
Rs 100 crore for electrification of unelectrified villages
under the programme of Bharat Nirman launched and funded by
After issuance of the work orders, the ASEB authorities
found that bank guarantee amounting to Rs 33.51 crore
submitted by the firms was fake and accordingly the work
orders were cancelled.
The Court after hearing the Writ appeals upheld the
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Here's what Islamic State captors told Indian teachers
- Pakistan releases 163 Indian fishermen as goodwill gesture
- Washington Mayor calls Michelle Obama 'gorilla face', says 'she is attractive only to monkey man Barack'
- Drishyam earns Rs 17 cr in 2 days, Bajrangi clocks Rs 283 cr
- Two Indians freed from ISIS captivity in Libya to head home, fate of other two unknown