Gauhati HC upholds ASEB`s order cancelling contract
Guwahati: The Gauhati High Court on Thursday
upheld the order passed by the Chairman of Assam State
Electricity Board (ASEB) cancelling the contract given to three
private companies for furnishing fake bank guarantee amounting
to Rs 33.51 crore.
A Division Bench comprising Justice Ranjan Gogoi
and Justice B P Katakey passed a judgement upholding the May
13, 2009 order of the Chairman whereby the work order issued
in favour of M/S Win Power Marketing Private Limited, M/S
Fatehpuria Transformers and Switchgears Private Limited and
M/S Win Power Marketing Private limited was cancelled due to
submission of fake bank guarantee.
The companies were awarded work orders to the tune of
Rs 100 crore for electrification of unelectrified villages
under the programme of Bharat Nirman launched and funded by
After issuance of the work orders, the ASEB authorities
found that bank guarantee amounting to Rs 33.51 crore
submitted by the firms was fake and accordingly the work
orders were cancelled.
The Court after hearing the Writ appeals upheld the
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'BJP is winning by absolute majority in Uttar Pradesh Assembly elections'
- Pakistan Senate passes Hindu Marriage Bill
- This video of Brett Lee's 143m six is taking internet by storm – Watch Video
- India can meet its energy requirements from Moon by 2030, says ISRO
- J&K: 26 soldiers martyred, 22 militants killed as Army steps up security in Valley