Germany interested in assisting Arunachal Pradesh
Itanagar: Germany has evinced keen interest in cooperating and coordinating with Arunachal Pradesh in several sectors including education, tourism, power and agriculture, official sources said on Wednesday.
This was communicated to Chief Minister Nabam Tuki by the German Consul General in Kolkata, Rainer Schmiedchen who called on the latter here last night.
The Chief Minister explained the state`s potentials mainly tourism, hydro-power, agriculture and horticulture.
Schmiedchen also called on Governor JJ Singh at Raj Bhawan and discussed various matters of mutual interest and benefits, including power and tourism sectors.
The governor emphasized on the scope for exchange programmes for students and study tours for officials and entrepreneurs especially in the field of tourism and horticulture, the sources said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Kedar Jadhav, Shreyas Iyer power India A to easy six-wicket win
- Talks on Kashmir issue needed, want peace restored in Valley: Pak High Commissioner Abdul Basit
- Gold rebounds on jewellers' buying, silver jumps Rs 280/kg
- US Open 2016: Saketh Myneni advances to main draw
- Subramaian Swamy targets GST Network again; will write to Amit Shah, BJP CMs