Germany interested in assisting Arunachal Pradesh
Itanagar: Germany has evinced keen interest in cooperating and coordinating with Arunachal Pradesh in several sectors including education, tourism, power and agriculture, official sources said on Wednesday.
This was communicated to Chief Minister Nabam Tuki by the German Consul General in Kolkata, Rainer Schmiedchen who called on the latter here last night.
The Chief Minister explained the state`s potentials mainly tourism, hydro-power, agriculture and horticulture.
Schmiedchen also called on Governor JJ Singh at Raj Bhawan and discussed various matters of mutual interest and benefits, including power and tourism sectors.
The governor emphasized on the scope for exchange programmes for students and study tours for officials and entrepreneurs especially in the field of tourism and horticulture, the sources said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Munich attack: 18-year-old German-Iranian gunman kills 9 at shopping mall
- DNA: Why are politicians and media ignoring the patriotic residents of Gurez Valley?
- DNA: Why are politicians and media ignoring the patriotic residents of Gurez Valley? Part II
- DNA: Why are politicians and media ignoring the patriotic residents of Gurez Valley? Part III
- DNA: Analyzing the real problems of patriotic Kashmir's residents
- Sunny Leone in trouble after singing national anthem at Pro Kabaddi League match - Here's why
- Another ISIS suspect arrested from Maharashtra's Thane district
- Oops! Shah Rukh Khan, Rohit Shetty friends no more?
- NASA's NEEMO 21 research mission begins, aquanauts splash down!
- Congress leader Digvijay Singh taken aback after seeing his name in Below Poverty Line list