Girl allegedly raped, thrown into river in Manipur
Imphal: A 16-year-old girl was allegedly raped and thrown into a river in a village in Manipur, police said Wednesday.
The body of the girl, who had been missing for the past three days was fished out of Haorang river in Imphal East district yesterday, the police said.
The body was spotted by some youths, who had gone to take bath in the river.
Family sources said the girl was missing for the past three days but they believed that she had gone to the house of her maternal grandfather.
They came to know of the incident yesterday.
Police said the body, which bore injury marks, has been sent for post mortem.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Entire Indian force can't defend Kashmir from terrorists: Farooq Abdullah
- Woman cop transferred within 24 hours of spat with Haryana minister Anil Vij
- It's a reality, Muslim youths from South India more attracted to ISIS: Kiren Rijiju
- Sheena Bora murder: Why did Indrani send servant to Kolkata to get illegal drugs?
- PM Narendra Modi meets journalists at Diwali Milan