Girl allegedly raped, thrown into river in Manipur
Imphal: A 16-year-old girl was allegedly raped and thrown into a river in a village in Manipur, police said Wednesday.
The body of the girl, who had been missing for the past three days was fished out of Haorang river in Imphal East district yesterday, the police said.
The body was spotted by some youths, who had gone to take bath in the river.
Family sources said the girl was missing for the past three days but they believed that she had gone to the house of her maternal grandfather.
They came to know of the incident yesterday.
Police said the body, which bore injury marks, has been sent for post mortem.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on BJP MLAs assaulting legislator Rashid inside J&K Assembly
- Watch: How Russian special forces Spetsnaz will end terror of ISIS
- Two J&K MLAs clash over beef party issue in Legislative Assembly
- Vladimir Putin's attack on ISIS making America and NATO nations uneasy?
- Greater Noida women blames UP police for stripping off their clothes
- Latest condition of Navjot Singh Sidhu: Sherry Paaji making steady recovery!
- FIR against Asaduddin Owaisi for posting objectionable picture of Yogi Adityanath on Facebook
- Bihar has to choose between 'jungle raj' and 'vikas Raj': Narendra Modi
- Man beheads wife over suspicion of illicit relationship, walks on road with her head
- Shocking! Saudi employer chops off Indian maid's hands